Sikaflex Which One

Guest whiz

Guest whiz

Needing to bond my cycle wings and want to use sikaflex but which one there are a few different tubes in the range so which one is best for the job.

Thanks

Andy

Guest sadjagboy

Hi Andy,

Weather is great in France, but still need my fix of Rhocar! I would use 221, but there may be a better one that is available now.

Enjoy Newark,

Cheers Angus

Guest whiz

Cheers Angus we are looking forward to next weekend I've got my image alloy's back on the car now looking great car is running well. Enjoy your holiday

Andy

I used standard sikaflex bough from a kit car show, wings have been on for 4 years.

Used perforated steel plate with stud welded on, bolted them to the stays, covered them with sikaflex ( masking tape under to stop dripping) pushed wings on, left to go tacky, carefully took the wings off, turned upside down, spread more sikaflex once I took the masking tape off so no perf plate can be seen, left to cure overnight.

Once this was all done, finished the underside with CBS Wunderseal to protect the underside of the wing from stones.