Does Iva Require Dim Dip Headlights?

Guest BaldiGit

Guest BaldiGit

I know with a seperate side light there is no IVA requirement for 'Dim Dip' headlights. But I'm assuming it's necessary when the sidelight is built into the headlamp lens, like the GBS Zero...!! :search:

Only I have read a few threads in various forums, where people have just wired them without. Can anyone solve this conundrum..??

will get through IVA with side light in headlight, just wire as GBS advise.

I would use their headlight wiring kit, or use thinner wires than those supplied as you need a secondary form of insulation on wires passing through a tube (the headlight bolt).

don't forget to shorten the bolt and fit a nut cover to the securing nut

Guest BaldiGit

Thanks for that. Is the extra insulation to do with the IVA?

I've seen posts on people failing due to the length of the bolt and it's cover, but thanks for the advice. It's little nuggets of truth like that, that save a lot of time and money.

Is there any documentation from GBS about wiring? All I got with my kit was a few diagrams on Sierra stalk wiring...

Thanks for that. Is the extra insulation to do with the IVA?

they don't like to see just the wires going through the bolt, but its a tight fit to use the wire supplied plus a wire you will need for the side light, then add shrink rap around all four and its impossible to get it through the hole. you could drill it out bigger for greater clearance, or change the wires. kit http://www.kitspares.co.uk/shop/item.php?cat=13&product=8908&catsub=0 just makes life easier (at a price) :D

Is there any documentation from GBS about wiring? All I got with my kit was a few diagrams on Sierra stalk wiring...

which loom do you have, original or plug and play?

I managed to get the four wires required with shrink wrap around it through the original holes.

In order to do this, the wires MUST NOT be twisted and be parallel to each other or else they won't fit.

A right pain to do but it does mean you can use existing wires. (I used a 5 amp wire for the sidelight which is thinner than the headlight ones)

Simon.

Guest BaldiGit

I can see what you mean now, much tidier with the shrink wrap as well.

I'm making my own loom up from the old Sierra one, stripping all the wires out and starting again (not cutting and shutting). So I'm just trying to asses what I can cull from the original loom, like for e.g. Ash tray light, Glove box light, Boot light, Alarm, Dim dip relays etc.

Thanks for the tip on keeping the wires straight.