Sticking A Turbo On The Zetec.

Guest mcramsay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mcramsay

This stuff is pretty strong in different applications, we use it on systems with a fair amount of heat in them all the time. But if it doesn't work it will be a good template I can machine an aluminium spacer from. I'm not going for high bhp on this install. And I'm not going for high boost, I will prob hav a max of 11psi. I still want the car to be drivable, I'm seeing this as a decent project that I can reserch and do things my own way, I could get the same power by playing with cams and head porting but I'm not really interested in going that way. As I said this project is a long way off being started I am just playing around st the moment and keeping my self buisy on lunch breaks at work!

Guest webby

hi that sounds a good plan you should be ok up to about 1 bar boost (14 psi) with no probs going down the tuning route is good as it puts a different stresses on the engine to a turbo and far more friendly to a zetec be careful with the cam choice on a boosted engine n/a cams wont work well type 9 are a good box you can get a t5 in a 2b just but not sure about a zero but it should rip well and 250 to 300 is loads in 1 of these and power is the enemy of handling but ill sort the plenum out and do the sketches or you could borrow it if required as sometimes its easier to put in place and have a look

nick

Guest mcramsay

i will be using the standard cams on the engine. there are cams made for the zetec for turbo applications but they are out of my price range for this project. and from what ive read up on the standard zetec cams respond quite well to boost. and im not going for huge power gains.

Guest wargob

The gbs plenum will not work for long with a turbo they all ways crack on the welds around the trumpits I've just removed my second one now and its only n/a tuned :(

Guest webby

hi

ive found my spare cossie plenum when i get spare hour at the weekend ill make a few sketches and stick on or send them to if you want

nick

Guest wargob

Hi again the first plenum was the normal one witch I did 500 miles on the second was the uprated one witch I did 1500 miles on gbs have just swapped it for me but I'm fitting AT throttle bodies now so I'll eBay the plenum as I can't trust it any more.