Quick Shift On Type 9 Gearbox

nigelt

Hi Guys,

I thought I would have ago at the do-it-yourself quick shift lever from an earlier posting. But I am having great trouble getting into reverse. I need to hands to push the lever down. Could it be that the spacer on the top is not thick enough or too thick?

Any ideas/suggestions

Thanks

Nige

you need to push the gearstick through the bush that it pivots in. It's a simple task, just give it a gentle tap through with a hammer for the same distance as the spacer you made. You'll lose the gate on reverse completely if you go too far, but you can tap it back again.

• 9 months later...
Guest Sevenheaven

Just done this, great post thanks :) My reverse is a bit stiffer that's all. Feels much better, glides effortlessly into each gear!

Oh quick note, if you simply unbolt the gearstick then put it into one of the small holes on a std steel wheel, push down against the spring then firmly tap it through its easy. Just make sure you measure regularly and match the spacer width.