Surrey Material ?

gomatthome

I am proposing to make up a surrey in black with a white inner lining.

Loads of material on ebay but not sure what quality / supplier to use.

If anyone has bought similar can you suggest a link / specification best suited.

phil

Guest Jameslark

I have just bought 4oz fabric to make a Surrey. The only thing is that my supplier does not do the colour you want as I have gone for a plain navy

Hi,

I just started making some half doors and a surrey top. I got some of this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140713611013?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

When it arrived I thought it would be too thin but decided to give it a go anyway. Its easy to work with and very stong. My top tip is to use a soldering iron to cut the fabric, its really easy to get a good straight cut and it heat seals straight away to stop it fraying at the edges.

I have just about finished the first half door - waiting for the rain to clear away so that I can take it out for a test drive. Will post a couple of pics later.

Richard

Guest scrabster

i made this rain cover out of ripstop nylon

post-3394-0-81817900-1300821550_thumb.jpgonly thing i would say,a few of the press studs have pulled through the fabric so i beefed up the back with black vinyl glued in place.much better now.