Avoiding The Iva

Guest snowy2

Guest snowy2

i don't know if any of you have seen this, but i hear that it is starting to happen more often now, i do feel sorry for the guy he was not to know but this is likely to be a problem for all sorts of folks. I have heard of at least one owner who had the same thing happen where the DVLA issued a new number with out a retest as he had been an innocent victim of the "scam" however i believe the DVLA are not likely to do so again, as evidenced here........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robin-Hood-S7-Mk3-kit-car-project-or-track-car-/200786044986?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2ebfc7e83a#ht_522wt_1185

reading that, it looks like he bought the car without seeing the log book or mot as he states

I purchased this car back in March with the understanding it was fully road legal and had the log book, MOT etc

always make sure you see the log book, you never know whats on it, or not as the case maybe.if you are handing over your hard earned cash you want to make sure all is right. hard leeson to learn i am afraid.

Guest snowy2

the way i have heard he bought the car and had use of it for a while when he was told that the car needed to be checked (it may have been when it went for its next MOT) at that point he discovered that the car was infact registered as a different make of kit car.....apparently it had been "rebuilt" from another kit with a different engine, chassis, colour etc. The DVLA are now flaging any early car with separate chassis (land rovers triumphs etc) as likely candidates for ringing they are particularily looking at kits apparently.

Guest snowy2

doesn't look like it has any dutton left in it in which case it is likely to fall foul of any checks, dutton chassis's are quite easy to spot (50mm X 25mm box section)