Speedo Obstructed View

johnhetherington

Getting ever closer to the dreaded IVA and will be putting the Sierra steering wheel on just for the IVA.

I have placed the speedo and rev counter behind the steering wheel and with the Sierra wheel in place it obstructs part of the speedo.

I am sure there must be something in the manual to say you must be able to see the speedo at all times, sure I saw somewhere it said except when turning, but can't find that section.

Any pointers would be appreciated, getting a bit paranoid now the IVA is looming

Cheers

John

http://www.johnskitcar.com

post-2376-0-43947700-1342980045_thumb.jpg

Guest mower man

Have a look at a Caterham you will find the same prob ,how its a pass I've never understood and its the reason I mounted speedo and tacho centrally in the dash with fuel,oil press and coolant temp under them classic style they are all visible and readable HTH mower man

Is the steering column adjustable in any way?

If you can raise it (for a short examiner) or vice versa, it might be ok.

It wasn't mentioned at my IVA so it might be ok. I used a standard sierra wheel which is larger so you could see through it better.

(Oh yes, nice dashboard too :) )

Simon.