Fuel Tank Filler Sealing

Guest Roger 2B

Guest Roger 2B

I have the problem of slow filling of the fuel tank. Looking at old posting using the search it looks like the favourite cure is to cut some off the end of the tube that goes into the tank.

After I have done that, what do I seal it back in with?

The filler neck goes through a gasket salvaged from the donor tank. It is made of a rubber type material and should form a petrol tight seal even after the neck has been removed many times.

Ian

Guest Roger 2B

Thanks for the replies. I will arrange a vent as well as shortening the filler neck, it looks from the outside of the aerocap as though it should have provision for a vent but there is nothing visible inside.

When I tried to pull the filler out is seemed to be stuck, maybe it's just a tight push fit - will have to try harder.

The filler neck goes through a gasket salvaged from the donor tank.....and should form a petrol tight seal.

If you have the RH tank, the seal between gasket and filler neck will be fine, but the seal between gasket and tank is cr@p. I'm having an on-going nightmare trying to seal mine.

Your local motor factor or Halfrauds should sell a range of petrol resistant adhesives.

Guest daveg

As Joel stated

the seal between gasket and tank is cr@p
I used a product called "Chemical Metal"...your'e supposed to be able to drill and tap it! :unsure:

Its supposed to be petrol proof...thats what it says on the tin :p (tube actually)

Dave