V8 Issues :(

speedtripledan

went out sat all was fine until i booted it off a rounderabout at that point the car would no longer tick over pulled over bonnet off and no obvious problems decided to thrash it for a few miles pulled over again this time had a very lumpy tickover and only just, but noticed when reved it was rich as hell almost like the choke was on any ideas

Guest smash

Definitely fuel and not ignition? Booting off roundabaout - lateral forces - bit of crap gone through out of the bowl or somthing? Have you got fuel pressure gauge? Everything OK with fuel pump pressure?

They're easy carbs to disassemble at the end of the day

Definitely fuel and not ignition? Booting off roundabaout - lateral forces - bit of crap gone through out of the bowl or somthing? Have you got fuel pressure gauge? Everything OK with fuel pump pressure?

They're easy carbs to disassemble at the end of the day

fuel pressure is still all ok gonna take carb to bits at some point

Guest mower man

Would agree as above ,had some sim probs a couple of weeks ago ,cleaned the carb out lot s of air line ,now running realy well ! mick perhaps check float height too HTH

Guest MarkB

went out sat all was fine until i booted it off a rounderabout at that point the car would no longer tick over pulled over bonnet off and no obvious problems decided to thrash it for a few miles pulled over again this time had a very lumpy tickover and only just, but noticed when reved it was rich as hell almost like the choke was on any ideas

get a pinto, much more reliable, its not how fast you go... its how far you can get :clapping: :clapping:

Guest MarkB

Dan, just had a thought mate... This could well be linked

with the carb getting wet at Hollowell??

He had that posh carb cover........ sponsored by tesco :lol: :lol: :yahoo:

Guest MarkB

your pinto = slow = boring = done that = so last year :lazy:

i could bite the bullet and join the 8 pot boys, i still have access to the below, might be a bit rich for me though..

mazz.jpg