Ignition Switch

Guest bravehaert1

Guest bravehaert1

Need help

lost the key and need to get the ignition barrell out and replace it with a replacement (can't findof of these anywhere that has its key)

How can i take it out.

Also, i fitted the robin hood petrol tank and not the ford one but the sender does not reach the bottom - can this just be extended or do i have to do anything more involved?

Cheers

:angry:

Guest Stuart Ainslie

I don't think you can simply remove the barrel without destroying the mount - some kind of security feature no doubt. From memory, you have to have the key in the barrel and turned to position 2 and push a little pin under the barrel to release it...

Regarding the fuel pick-up, I just extended mine using fuel hose having 'cut and shut' the soild pipe - seems to work fine......

Stuart

Guest TerryBarry

I've done the same as Stuart re' the pick up pipe.

I've also extended the float arm using a short length of s/s bicycle spoke and two joiners out of a 10A terminal strip. I also needed to bend the float arm a bit so that it reached the ends of the resistance track when at top and bottom of tank. If you don't do this you will still have 6+ litres in the tank when it reads empty - some might see this as a useful safety margin.

If you still have the door locks off of the donor Sierra a Ford dealer can identify the key number and cut you another ( at a price of course) - this always assumes that the door and ignition locks were the same.

Terry