Any Rolling Road Places In The North West ?

Guest david_l_perry

Guest david_l_perry

Just after any places to get the car set up and checked up on a rolling road in the north west area. Any body got any suggestions on places. Mainly just After somebody to check out /tune up the carbs to get rid of the occasional popping if I can, or at least be happy with fact that it's just normal behaviour.

I am in the Chorley / Preston area. No real problem travelling but would rather give local business work if I can !

Ta lovers.

Dave

you can Ian , but for my money, (or yours in this matter ) 60-80 at hawarden knows the carbs, greaat bloke, has worked on 10-15 hoods,hasnt got a web site but needs 4 weeks advance booking to see you on a sat, , or you could try the one nr horwich who wanted £600 labour on the libra , but i dont know anyone whose been there, but they advertise in several mags,

think its clarksons,

Mitch

Guest ollie chapman

I'll second that Mitch, and AB charged us just over a ton for a top class setup. It's not too far, Chorley, M6, m56 etc - a clear run and a rip-roaring ride home!!

Guest david_l_perry

Didn't realise that was the one you had used previously Mitch....

OK Cheers Guys......AB it is then..... :D

Will free up a few quid and get myself booked in.

Had another lovely spin out tonight.

I only took it out of the garage to turn it round on the drive so I could work on the passenger seat...and ended up driving off and came back 30mins later with a big grin on my face.........I figured it was unfair just to start the car up and not take it out..... 8)

Damn I am am enjoying this car of yours Mitch....!

I'd still recommend Clarksons.

I did hear that he'd frightened you Mitch but I reckon he was working on a worst possible case scenario. Whenever I've had anything done there he's charged far less than I expected and he does know his stuff - admittedly only diagnostics or tuning and not actual "work" as such. Who did you actually speak to?

Iain

oldish bloke iain,very quite didnt come across as wanting job, just went to a laptop and scribbled numbers down , scared me off with the at least 600 labour, and est of 1100 quid, so unfortunatly didnt get the job,

may know his stuff, but never used him, and have used AB Motors sevral times for rolling road so he got my vote(if he was closer would have got the head gasket job, ) clarksons may offer top work on there rolling road, they seem to be in a few mags advertising,

Mitch

I used Clarksons RR twice, just for runs no tuning etc as I was looking for faults and there are no tunables for me on the CVH. 3 runs was £35, you want the younger chap for the RR.

Perhaps they only do Power runs and not tuning?

Adrian

Andrew is the guy you want - bloke leaning over the 7 in the pics on the website. The older guy I think is John and I've yet to see him look enthusiastic about anything.

Andrew knows his stuff and has spent a lot of time on a mate's Scirroco getting the Weber tuned properly (replacement for whatever VW fitted). Also spent a long while recently finding out why a Vectra Diesel wouldn't boost (broken diaphragm in the EGR valve).

Iain