Fresh Zetec Install In 2B

Guest crutch

I am weighing up options for zetec turbo install. I am builiding so have any options available not tied to retro fit options. They are as i believe.

1. cut the chassis and do what ever needed. I have a good friend who is a great welder so cut and modify frame to suit.

2. Raceline water rail - more expensive than option 1 and heard they can leak.

3. Move engine forward and use standard water housing with longer prop. - More expensive than option 1

Any reason to not use the standard parts and mod the frame to suit.Would this be the best route?

Anyone got any pics of their install?

Guest tiggertom

i cut top chassis rail to get zetec in mine,sill using std themostat housing, heats up staight away and runs 65-80c depending on outside temp and steddy or not driving.i did not have much of a choice as orginal builder add cut it and made a bad welding job which fell off in my hand as old 1.8 cvh came out.did cause a bit of problem mounting pedels from toprail and gettin in carbs in with engine beining back ,floor mounted pedels not a problem good luck.