My First Rh, Change Front Wings

Guest freak9882

Guest freak9882

Hi,

Let me introduce myself, I'm Andre from Germany, please excuse my bad English, and got my Robin Hood Exmo this week. I found the car in Holland and just picked it up. I want to rebuild the car during winter.

I tried search already, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I want to exchange the front wings ( the long ones) to the " normal" that nearly all Seven have.

Is this possible? If yes, may somebody has a documentation?

Thanks in advance for yor help.

Cheers

Andre

The difficulty with cycle wings and the Exmo is that the suspension on the Exmo is fixed to a structure that does not turn, the cycle wings need to fit to the wheel hubs to turn.

Some have fitted the cycle wings to the fixed bodywork but they will not turn with the wheels.

My cycle wings do turn with the wheels. I bought the brackets off ebay and the seller is still selling them and currently has a set on ebay: item number 140847673822

Then I had to;

1) shorten the suspension buttress ends

2) make some addition brackets to hold the bottom of the cycle wing brackets

DSC_0361.jpgDSC_0362.jpgDSC_0363.jpg

• 5 months later...
Guest chris brown

Your best bet before you start is to have a good look at a exmo that has been converted to cycle wings or get lots of photos from lots of angles (not a job for the faint hearted) then start from there as it is not easy to get them looking good. As for the brackets I would make your own and stronger than those on eBay.

Guest svsdino

Is the Exmo running Sierra style sliding pillar front hubs? If so I've just converted mine using the brackets from Kitspares and they are relatively easy to fit although do need spot welding.

Guest svsdino

Andre

I spoke to one of the guys at Kitspares, told him what suspension I run, series3a, similar to yours I think and they posted them out. I never did see a picture of them. Hope this helps?

the Exmo is McPherson strut, there are no brackets available off the self that I know of. search on richardm6694's post he has posted plenty of photos in the past.

there is also someone who has just passed Iva who made brackets but I can't remember his name at the min. search function is your friend!

• 2 months later...
Guest freak9882

Hi,

just want to give you a short update. I finally could manage to get the parts needd for the cycle wings from the UK. Here's the result.

Cycle%20wings.jpg

Thanks all for your help.

Cheers

André