Ratchet Spanners- Flexible Or Not?

baj25

I’m thinking of getting some ratchet spanners. Flexible ones seem to cost a bit more than normal ones, are they worth the extra? I was thinking that the odd time a normal spanner wouldn’t do, I could just do it with a socket. I was looking at halfrauds pro, deal on 12 pc (though with a few sizes I’d never use) at the mo. Anyone spotted any good deals on decent ones? TIA, Bri

I also have the ratchet flexible halfords set, handy in a tight spot but obviously warranty does not cover moving parts but that said very handy for loosening awkward stuff where a normal socket ratchet won't fit.

Flexible ones good around exhausts etc where access can be awkward, we actually bought a 2nd set of the Halfrauds ones as we use them so much. My understanding is their guarantee doesn't cover ratchets but should cover the flex in the spanner, but not certain!

atb

Mike

I have a full set of Halfords flexible ratchet scanners and there top items and I really do give them some stick everyday and not broke a mechanism yet. But if you do they do sell a replacement kit so no need to buy a hole new spanner.