Guest alfaGTA

As per the title really;

Where did you go?

Where did you stay/would you recommend?

How many days did you tour for?

When did you go?

Any pics to share?

Any whiskey runs?

Most importantly did you complete it in a loud and low open top sports car?

Stories, incidents and craic allowed here :drinks:

Guest Getting There

Hi

I went and toured the Scottish highlands in my 2B in 2009 and did a few thousand miles round 26 distillaries. The pictures are on Photobucket (will check and load if not there), and there is an article in the RHOCAR mag from Autumn 2009.

Try http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.155312376039.145369.531176039&type=3

A rough route was up the west coast through the islands, Arran, Islay and Jura, back onto the mainland and followed the coast all the way round. The road from Ullapool to John O' Groats is still the best I have ever driven anywhere. Then down the west coast, round Loch Ness and back down to Aviemore, Glasgow and home to Huddersfield. I had no real issues and everywhere we went we had a great time.

I will see if I can fin the exact route and stops we did but the pics tell a good story.

Its well worth doing and one of the best bits of driving I have ever done.

HTH

Chris

I think "wet weather gear" for Dan will be a water proof baby grow and some goggles. No point putting a roof on the orange colander is there :p

Can i have a bucket of mind bleach please.... Dan + baby grow .... first thing that came to mind ....

George-Dawes.jpg

unlike unlike unlike. thats it i.m leaving now i.m sick of the abuse u cyber bully keybrd warrior !

wind your neck in, spent hours upon hours, well 10 seconds finding that picture... i even made sure it had a set of drums just for you.... just because it aint an orange baby grow there is no need to get the tit on :sorry: :sorry:

Lived in Aberdeen for a number of years and did a stint near Inverness, have done several tours over the years in allsorts of cars - started with girlfriend( now wife of 30 years) Citoen Dyane, then Mini Clubman + various family cars.

Did a trip with my lad 3 years ago and he is planning another in the Tr7 for nexty ear- we went from home to Falkirk wheel , on through the Trossachs, Queens view loch tummel, then north to Black isle, chips in Wick and camping at JOGroats, next day along top coast on some really well maintained roads, finished near Ullapool as we'd missed last boat for Cape Wrath. Day 3 through Torrridin down to Skye, Ardgour peninsula and then cable car up Ben Nevis, disappointed to see how Fort William has decayed. Next day Loch Lomond and then home, TBH another day to poke about would have been useful, plenty of campsites along the way but can be a bit wet underfoot :( and full of German tourists who are half canned as they stagger off their tour buses to try and erect their tents.) Wild camping is legal but in the summer everylay by and gateway seemed to be clogged up with camper vans. Popular place!

atb

Mike