Dvla Strikes Again.....

Tazzzzman1

Well, they are at it again...... :aggressive:

Last year they tried to fine me for not SORNING the donor MX5, even though I had.

Got that sorted after a heated telecon which eventually they admitted their cock up.....Fine recinded :clapping: :clapping:

Now I have the Sr2 built and on the road, which also ended up with me telling the DVLA how to do their job after they were giving incorrect advice (told me I needed an MOT to register the vehicle.............oh no I don't).Once I got that one sorted, DVLA took the Donor log book and gave me a rather good age related plate (Last 3 digits "FKU"... 8) :db: ) :rofl: :rofl:

However Mr postie today dropped a letter from our DVLA friends who are again chasing me for not SORNING the donor.......WTF :80: :aggressive: . I think that because they know all offices are being shut down no one gives a toss anymore, or have they always been this bad?

Guest Stuartl

I had a similar problem with my doner and no amount of phone calls could sort it. In the end I sent them a letter, recorded delivery, and heard no more about it.

HTH

Nick

Blimey, this talk of doners makes me want a kebab. Oh hold on a minute, I cant. I'm sober.

so if you dont pay a fine wont the dvla seize the car and crush it?? If so who can they seize some think that does not exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they can find the car with the VIN number they are chasing, they can have it. I have all the correct documentation for the two I own so they can't have them.

Really, if it ever gets to the courts, I would also invite the local press as the DVLA would be a laughing stock because of their ineptitude. :)

... Game On Dude ... :)

Simon.

Guest alfaGTA

if all else fails and the dvla don't sort their papers out, tell them you exported the car back to Japan or that you sold it to a guy called Taz McSheen, 100 clean street, Birmingham ;)

Good luck with the DVLA. They are hopeless at Swansea, I had to surrender my license for medical reasons for a year. Although I was considered well enough by my GP, Hospital Consultant and a Fire Service doctor to return to active duty Swansea couldn't get their act together for another three months after the year was up. Yes you can fight fires, climb ladders and rescue cats from trees but you won't be getting to the Fire Station in a car! They just blamed it on a backlog of paperwork. On the other hand my local office (Peterborough) which I have used from time to time for registration issues couldn't have been more helpful and always replied to any letters within a few days. Shame they are all being closed down. Perhaps you should get some soap on a rope which you can keep around your wrist just in case.

Kevin