Carbon Fibre Wrapped Dashboard Photos?

Guest donaldthomps

Guest donaldthomps

Hi, I'm thinking of having the dashboard on my superspec 05 have the carbon fibre 'look' treatment.

Has anyone had this done and could share a photo or 2 of it?

Thanks, Donald

Guest Stuartl

I really can't see any attraction in a dash covered in sticky backed plastic and hate the carbon fibre look. I have always been baffled by owners who spend thousands on their cars only to make the dash look like a sticky backed plastic covered rock up

I really can't see any attraction in a dash covered in sticky backed plastic and hate the carbon fibre look. I have always been baffled by owners who spend thousands on their cars only to make the dash look like a sticky backed plastic covered rock up

Good job its horses for courses then..i thought the whole idea was to do what you want..not what everyone else does.

robinhooddash.jpg

dashpic.jpg

heres mine i made and wrapped

Looks a pretty good setup that one maccavvy. Like the look too of the 4 clocks off centre, rather than the usual symetrical setup.

Si

• 6 months later...
Guest stevenkirk

Was thinking of doing mine with the carbon fibre wrap and decided against it - it will show up every imperfection that the underneath surface has - am going to keep the stepped dash that the Superspec has and cover it with black leather - will post a pic or two when its done - wont be until the end of the year though or into the new year.

Edited by steven

Guest RoborRoss

This is not the expensive 3m stuff. Cheap air drain from eBay summer m99 or something like that.

Easy to put on and moulds to shape if you heat with a hairdryer when applying

dash_zpsb5a27f80.jpg

I like it, what limitations are there with what the wrap will stick to?

it sticks to most smooth clean surfaces..not mdf though .unless its been sealed and varnished.

it does show up imperfections underneath.so smooth everything out and your sorted.

it sticks to most smooth clean surfaces..not mdf though .unless its been sealed and varnished.

it does show up imperfections underneath.so smooth everything out and your sorted.

I was thinking of covering my dash with it, just so happens to be MDF, it's covered in a veneer though, I can try it on the gear or handbrake gator though.