Question for the masses

Guest Tim Norman

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest megablade

I never thought I would find myself backing up Trevor, but here goes!!

I have been a member of Rhocar since 1998, and have always renewed on time. The main reason for my continued membership has nothing to do with the National group, but solely because we have such a vibrant local area.

Two years ago, I found myself in the fortunate position of being able to afford something more focused on the track days I enjoy, however I (and another local member) have been 'deterred' from parking on the club pitch even though we have paid our dues.

How you can claim that this is an 'all welcome' club is beyond me. Furthermore if I could continue to meet with this group of 'lads' without being a member I would seriously consider it.

I appreciate that you get out what you put in, but when you are discouraged from putting in what is the point??

I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way, and if the committee cannot see what is happening then the witing is on the wall.

Guest Battery Bill

Mr 2B

I was given three day notice of the print date of the last magazine, and with my work commitments this allowed me no time to come up with a feature.

Well there is a magazine coming out once a quarter surely there is enough time for an article :rolleyes: Again this is an example of you waiting for someone else to do the work (ie informing you of magazine print dates) surely you could do what all the other contributors do and make up an article and send it to Peter for inclusion when possible :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Megablade

however I (and another local member) have been 'deterred' from parking on the club pitch

Who told you not to then ? seems a bit of a shame if thats the case :boohoo:

Guest Ianz
have been a member of Rhocar since 1998, and have always renewed on time. The main reason for my continued membership has nothing to do with the National group, but solely because we have such a vibrant local area.

Your down as a community user?????????

No personal info ,apart from "Cough westfield"

Who are you really??????????????

Guest Tim Norman

As far as I'm aware we have never turned detettered any body from parkingon the club area if they don't drive a Hood. Andy Jessop drives a Stuart Tyalor and he usually parks right at the front!. If that is the case I want toknow who it was who "put you off" so I can stop it in the future. It is you that is the Hoody not the car.

Guest Trevor 2B
  Your down as a community user?????????

No personal info ,apart from "Cough westfield"

Who are you really??????????????

A nice welcome for a low posting user? This is the type of reaction I was commenting on which does not exactly encourage new users in my opinion.

I do know Megablade, but we are not one and the same if that is what you are implying.

Whilst I was Area Sec my posting details were never changed from Community User.

I have noticed other comments at posters listed as Community User who are infact paid up members, e.g - http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=3588 - which again I am sure rubs people up the wrong way.

I do not know how or when the info is updated but an analysis of the members list is quite interesting

Community Users: 630

RHOCaR 04 Member: 176

Validating: 20

Admin: 1

Moderators: 10

Total: 837

Assuming this information is correct there is quiet a low percentage of RHOCaR members actually using the board - only around 20%.

Whilst I was Area Sec my posting details were never changed from Community User. As for number of users, there could be 10,000 it's still not going to change the active number of posters that's probably more like 200 tops anyway, probably split 50/50 between the Members and others.

I have tried to keep all the area secs as Moderators of this board, however I can't be expected to go through 800+ members and look at there names to see if it is a current area sec and then change them. Again, if you had taken the step to PM / email me and say, Hi I'm Trevor area sec of blh blah blah I would of promoted your account... If you really want the stats I can probably sort them out, but just picking up numbers like that is not the way to do it IMO.

Guest megablade

I don't know how to become anything other than a 'community user'.

As for the internet I don't like splashing my details all over the place, as I have no idea who can see them.

Just for reference for 'the management' my membership no. for... Edited out by Mat, this does not need to be made public.

To allow people to upgrade there accounts I have only put the postcode up and I'm pretty sure it should not effect anyone security, which is one of my top concerns which is why I keep all the software I use on the sites as uptodate as I possibly can. Upgrading your account is done via the link in the top post of the top forum http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=2546

Guest Trevor 2B

I would like to clarify a few points.....

1. The views I have posted are my personal opinion, not that of the local area with the exception of Megablade, who has posted seperately. A question was asked and I gave my opinion.

2. As far as I am aware there is no 'breakaway' group in our area. I have stood down as Area Sec and I am passing the reigns over to another local (paid up) member and giving them my full support.

3. I am not 'A.non' or 'Megablade' despite some peoples assumptions that I am.

4. My comments regarding the breakdown of the members list was designed to highlight the posters who keep commenting on people being listed as a 'Community User' when they are in fact a paid up member. This was reinforcing what appears to be my now legendary comment about 'inner circle'. I realise for Mat to sift through all the members and update their account would be an endless task.

Guest paul thompson

I quite agree, they shouldn't get a mag if they don't pay. I certainly wouldn't expect one if I hadn't paid.

Guest rizla

:( ooohh dear,how did we end up this way,it does make me feel sad that certain people feel they are left out/neglected,i have only been a member for 6 months and have been made to feel most welcome like a member of a large family.

i have never asked for anything in return for my membership and to be honest i dont require anything other than being a part of the club

as for there being a inner wotever,RUBBISH,i class myself as a bit of a wierdo :blink: and im sure many will agree

there are many different people in the club those with hoods on the road,those building hoods,those thinking of buying a kit car,those with a different kit car.

and those like me that have 2 cars not on the road,1 hood 1 not

my point is in my opinion,and from my observations you could own a robin relient and you would still be made to feel welcome

so come on everyone shake hands and make up,lifes to short

Guest Trevor 2B

Rizla

Myself and Megablade quite agree with your centiments. :D

From our point of view we have made our comments and will post no more on this subject. Time to move on.

Trevor 2B & Megablade