Car Delivery/recovery Services In/near Kent

Guest jwts

Hi,

My car is having it's IVA at VOSA Gillngham on 22nd of this month. I'm hoping to drive there and back but this is November and the weather could be too bad (I have no screen or hood). Can anyone recommend a delivery/recovery service I could use?

I may also need one if the weather is OK but they fail it on something serious.

Finally, what sort of cost should I be budgeting for for two 35 mile trips?

Any info/suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

John.

Give these a call John: Birchington Auto Repairs 01843 869600, they are based in Broadstairs.

They collected my rolling chassis from RH in Nottingham many, many moons ago.

I have no connection to them, but they did exactly what was asked at a fair price.

Another option is Shiply.com. You put a post on the site stating what it is you want moving,when and where to and people then respond with prices. It works out to about £1 per mile + VAT + a handling fee. May be an option if Al's guys can't help.

I have been to Gillingham with 5 cars for SVA. (not taken anything there sinxe IVA)

Got a 1st time pass with 3 of them.

They are very good, knowledgeable & helpful. Their attitude is that they want to pass cars unless they absolutely have to fail them.

They do all the factory built Caterhams, so they know 7s inside out.

BTW on one visit I saw all 3 Caterhams there being failed...one for the 3rd time.....emissions failure.

Any questions just call them in advance.

Bob

Be wary of flatbeds you may find you cannot get over the hump.

Look for as low an ngle as posssible.

Ian,

Thanks for this, I hadn't thought of it but looking at the picture in the link supplied by RichardL I see what you mean. My driveway has a small slope down to the road and the car only just clears the apex of that.

John.

Guest tom-zero

a friend of mine has a tow truck company near maidstone and i spoke to him today about the need for kit car owners to have there cars transported and he says its something he could do and was quiet keen for me to post his contact details for anyone who may need his services, problem is his card is at work so i will post them up tomorrow if i get a chance hopefully it could be helpful to someone