Iva Build Quality And Finish .

Guest julienb

Guest julienb

saw this on the bay 330823971181 .hope it doesnt belong to any 1 here ,but if that can pass an iva anythink can,i know its got the covers and trim ect in the right places but come on.....look at the battery cover and holder,coil ,horn locaton wiring ect

as long as the battery is secure, its a pass, coil and horn location are not part of the IVA, wiring looks neat enough.... im failing to see why you have joined RHOCaR and in your first two posts you have slagged off somebodies car that VOSA see fit to certify road worthy.

a simple hello would have been better

the points julieb has mentioned may not be a reason to fail, although there are clearly points which would indicate it did not go through IVA in totally the pictured condition.

however , it appears to be on a Q plate, so isn't that age unknown and therefore not a new registration? MOT in a year?

Guest julienb

as to why i joined is none of ur buisness really,but as ur intrested i joined 2 years ago but just renewed as i lost my password..the iva states that wiring must not only be wrapped with tape but conduit also ,i cant see any ,or any marking off sae or iso on the fuel pipe ect

the iva states that wiring must not only be wrapped with tape but conduit also

Conduit is optional, not compulsory, I can only see one statement regarding wiring in the IVA manual and that's "all electrical cables/wires must be free from chaffing and secured at intervals of at least 300mm unless contained in a secure hollow component".

• Like 1

i dont see anything wrong with wiring or where the battery and coil are its why they are called kit cars because you build it how you want it nobody else thats what makes them induvidual.not two kit cars are the same

Guest sadjagboy

I think the owner should be congratulated on getting what is obviously an older kit through IVA.

There are obviously things that could be redone and improve the look of the car. But I'd suggest it has been built on a limited budget and IVA cost and registering a car, so insurance and tax too and you are looking at the best part of £1000, from experience.

Car seems reasonably priced for what it is, which is a road legal home built car...

Guest julienb

slagging peoples cars off thats not going to do you any favours. is yours perfect ?

..not at all ,but much much better than that,id be ashamed to put my name to that car,but many people say its ok ,all i can say if there must be some very pooor built cars out there

Guest julienb

I think the owner should be congratulated on getting what is obviously an older kit through IVA.

There are obviously things that could be redone and improve the look of the car. But I'd suggest it has been built on a limited budget and IVA cost and registering a car, so insurance and tax too and you are looking at the best part of £1000, from experience.

Car seems reasonably priced for what it is, which is a road legal home built car...

...its not up for a 1000 though is it its 3000