Robin Hood S7 Build Manual & Build Feed

Guest Basic

Hi Snapperpaul

i was awear or the Q plate and to be honest it dosn't bother me that much with not having an age related one.

These a thread on Locostbuilders where a guy got his S7 pass by th IVA in Novemeber, it was linked on here. I have done search on the S7 and these so many comments saying that they will noy pass the IVA.

i just dont want to put loads of time & money if it will never Pass.

Thats sound like good news then Grim.

Will be back home in a few month and will get the rest of the work started, in the mean time i will keep buying the parts until them.

Monocoque a are quite capable of passing IVA with some modifications

The modifications required are relatively simple bolt on solutions, the only issue that needs a little more work is the rear seatbelt mounting as its to low, you can route the belt over a bar welded across the roll bar at the correct height

I also reinforced the rear mounting bar by running angle forward to the roll bar, I also drilled and bolted the roll bar to the tub with M12 bolts

Simple metal bars from the steering column mounts to the scuttle supports that

The lower seat belt mounts need metal load spreading plates, then its just sharp edges and bolt covers

Plus the usual pipe and wire clips

Hi snapperpaul

Do you have a picture or the role bar mod you did please... As I remember when I took it off to get it refurbished and powder coated the the 2 thin bars that attached to the rear look iffy... Bent to an angel.

I will look at the steering mounts when I'm home and get something made up.

Thank you very much for the help and advice.

Sorry I thought this was a registered car that the previous owner kept the v5.

I'm surprised to hear that people think it is so simple to pass IVA with a mono, and would be interested in the thread about the one that passed recently. If it is possible I might need to reconsider the finishing of my build.

i know he has v5 as it has been on the road legally, as i have seen it at our area meet, try getting in touch with him, he was going to canada with his job, caterpillar i think for a few months, ask him why he did not let you have it, you will not to sva it if you get it just an mot is needed, just need to tell dvla you have changed engine, has it got vin plate on it, should have if so may be worth getting in touch with dvla, saying bought car and did not get log book, assume you paid fair price for it, there is no reason for him to have kept log book, unless he is going to try and put it on another robin hood.

yours pete

• 6 years later...
Guest Aidan78
On 11/27/2012 at 8:14 PM, Peter Bell said:

I'll send you a pdf version of the original build manual (pioneer version!) if you can pm me with your email address.

Hi is it possible to get a copy of the build manual for the S7.