Stop Punctures Forever? What To Fill With?

baj25

I’ve got tubeless pneumatic tyres on my lawnmower (18” & 13”), and they are riddled with holes from the hawthorn around our boundary. I have to pump them up every time I use the damn thing. I have tried normal tyre sealants and even sikaflex smeared on the inside, but they still go flat. I’m considering filling the tyres with something instead of air- top gear style concrete would work, but I’m thinking of something lighter! Anyone think of a durable foam or compound that I could inject in? Or other ideas? TIA, Brian

Ive got 2 Michelin BMW runflat tyres you are welcome to. LOL

They are complete & utter carp! Just swapped to same tyres, but not runflats.

Handling, ride, & tyre noise are all transformed no end. Just looking on ebay for a spare wheel now.

How about builders expanding foam?

Be careful, it can create very high pressures if its contained with no outlet.

I was going to say solid rubber. There is always that emergency tire inflator foam stuff you can get from halfords etc? Thats worked a treat on car tyres but not sure how long it lasts. Like most puncture repairs it always says go straight to a garage.

Zach

Guest mower man

What you need is a product called OKO, your local hire shop may stock it I used it proffesionally for around 10 years on ride on mowers ,barrows etc ,its only drawback is the slimy mess it makes inside the tyre but it does what it says on the bottle ,it is supposed to fill up to 5mm if I remember clearly , Hawthorn is an absolute nightmare , try going round the edges with a blower before you cut grass ,it does work [first hand knowledge not a fairy tale ] ,if you can'tlocate OKO get in touch my local hire center usually stock s it

hth mower man :acute: :clapping:

OKO looks like it will do the business. I've suspected Simon was dyslexic for a while, i'm sure that's what he meant when he wrote oak ;-) I just need to work out how much I need, then I will get some squirted in. Thanks, Brian

Guest mower man

OKO looks like it will do the business. I've suspected Simon was dyslexic for a while, i'm sure that's what he meant when he wrote oak ;-) I just need to work out how much I need, then I will get some squirted in. Thanks, Brian

1 bottle should be enough as lomg as you get it all in mick [mower man]

• 1 year later...