Robin Hood Exmo ; Iva Test?!

Guest Chris Russ

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Chris.

As others have said a pretty easy snag list to get her ready.

One thing to be aware of is the manufacturers VIN plate. Not everyone knows but the nice little Gents at VOSA decided they would change the required format of the VIN plate at the end of last year (Aug/ Sept) this meant that most manufacturers VIN's were no longer compliant (I only know this as it changed the day before I took my IVA, thankfully for once common sense prevailed and they let me off... :acute: ). When you get yours make sure you ask the question :db:

Good luck with the retest... :clapping:

Guest Chris Russ

......Thanks for the advice - can you, or anyone confirm the new requirements please? -- ive got a vin plate from GBS that im getting stamped - it will show ; Model , Chassis number, Axle weights ( front, rear & combined )- is this enough please??

standard is

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11598108/1%20prepress_-c__setpdfwrite_-f__s.pdf

https://dl.dropbox.c...write_-f__s.pdf

https://dl.dropbox.c...write_-f__s.pdf

GBS plate can be modified to comply, but told new ones on there way.

......Thanks for the advice - can you, or anyone confirm the new requirements please? -- ive got a vin plate from GBS that im getting stamped - it will show ; Model , Chassis number, Axle weights ( front, rear & combined )- is this enough please??

GBS did mine, old type, only chassis number all other boxes blanked with black paint

Edited by knights_templar

• 1 month later...
Guest lewthepoo

Hi all,

Not far from IVA now, brother asked if he could have a sit in it at the weekend and noticed that his head was almost in line with the top of the roll bar.

Is there a specific height from the seat base to the top of the roll bar? I'm assuming there will be but after tralling the IVA manual I am none the wiser.

No standard for height of rollover bar and a rollover bar itself is not a requirement for IVA. However it's a must have in my opinion and should hit the ground before your head in the event of a roll. Options are to lower the seats, raise the rollover bar or shorten your brother.

Nigel