What Have I Got?

cb750

Brake servo and cylinder. :help:

Another problem found during this 3A rebuild! Just started on strengthening the pedal box area and found that the servo and master cylinder appear to be the wrong ones! The servo has a large clevis on the end and not the Sierra type push rod (previous owner had drilled the brake pedal and put a nut and bolt through it to hook it up). The master cylinder is a 4 port type and not the 2 port that I expected, its also marked 25 (I think the Sierra is 22mm?). Part number on the servo is 91AB-2B 195-HA. The local Ford dealer is very helpful and tried a search to see what it is but their system does not recognise the number as he thinks its probably obsolete. Only drove the car a short distance before stripping it down to rebuild it so didn't really try the brakes out much.

I don't want to drill the new pedal box that I have got so:

If I refit the servo can the pushrod be changed to the Sierra type? I need a servo for when my wife drives the car.

Is the larger master cylinder OK to use (don't know what will happen if I need a seal kit though). Also I was thinking of fitting a proportioning valve to the rear brake line but don't think I can with a dual line setup.

Can anyone identify what I have got or any ideas ?

Rob

If you have Sierra brakes all round how about ditching the servo & replacing the brake m/cylinder with one from a Ford Ka? That's the set-up we have & my wife is happy with the brakes; the new m/c is a smaller bore so more brake force with less effort(but longer pedal travel)

Guest robinj66

Why do you need to change the pedals? Just strengthen up the pefdal box and use the existing setup.

Or

If you want to change the fitting at the pedal end, you can cut the shaft and thread it - then use a female-female threaded connector and use whatever end at the pedal you wish

Or

change the servo/master cylinder

RobinJ, Need to change the pedals as they are twisted! Badly fitted when first assembled. I was looking at changing the servo/cylinder set up as I don't know what the cylinder is from and I was going to overhaul it for the rebuild. Good idea about cutting and threading the servo shaft - never thought about that, anyone know if the shaft unscrews from the servo as I can put it in my lathe to alter it?

Florin, I'll have a think about that conversion as it will give me more space near the pinto exhaust manifold, just told my wife and she says Mmmmmm? (Whatever that means!!) What cylinder pushrod did you use?

Thanks

Rob

Also I was thinking of fitting a proportioning valve to the rear brake line but don't think I can with a dual line setup.

Bit heath robinson, but you could fit a T piece to get a single pipe, then fit the proportioning valve to that then a second T to the 2 pipes heading rearwards.

Bob