Mx5 Mk1

Guest Takumi

I do, having just replaced it with a RH mine is going up for sale.

They are fantastic little motors, if you get a good one. My first cost me around £200 a month in repair bills, my latest hasn't ever gone wrong or required anything more than consumables replacing.

I have limited experience driving other cars but the 5 is incredibly tolerant of a numpty behind the wheel, being perfectly balanced you can take liberties and get away with it most of the time.

Of course the best bit is pop up headlights. Never gets old.

Edited by steve in stockport
Edited to remove advert by non member, join the club and advertise as much as you like as per forum rules

Guest scrabster

hi, swmbo has one in the garage for a summer toy, had it about 5yrs now with no major probs(touching wood) its classic red in original paint, 1989 on G plate, 1600cc eunos. under bonnet is mint with no rust on the car anywhere, never fails to start even when stood for the winter months,bought solar charger which was next to useless, cant keep up with alarm and isolator usage.only replaced rear pads and new set of tyres in 5yrs but does have low yearly mileage.all in all a cracking little car thats reliable.

reading this back it sounds like im trying to sell it.

regards,jess.