Electrics

Guest michael.lynockm

Guest michael.lynockm

Firstly, many thanks for the supporting info members sent me re my ECU and getting my engine fired up. The resultant problem was down to incompatable steering column stalks and fuse box. I'm happy to say that after swapping a couple of wires in the fuse box my Zero fired up first time! I'm now a very happy bunny.

I've now fitted the complete standard GBS 'Plug and Pray' wiring loom. I have indicators and 4wayflashers working. I have tail lights and front 'side lights'. I have no power to the front head lights (Main/Dip). I've checked fuses, which are ok, but no power from the loom plug that feeds the front head lights. Should I be doing something with the supplied GBS stalks?

Any ideas welcome.

Mike

swapping wires in the fuse board?

if you mean the loom mismatch mod (blue to black combination) this may be the problem with the headlights.

the mod simply changes the light switching from live to earth, it should have no effect on the engine or ECU so I suspect you have introduced the headlight problem, and the engine corrected itself, most likly TPS calibration or delay in fuel supply on initial fire up.

try swapping the links back, and let us know.

regards