Indicator Lighting Up When Braking

Guest Kennedy48

Guest Kennedy48

Just been out for the first drive in a few months. I noticed everytime I brake the driver side indicator lights up (stays solid) and everytime I put my right indicator on the right indicator flashes and so does all the brake lights.

The passenger side indicators are fine.

Any ideas what could be up.

Cheers

Luke

Guest sadjagboy

Sounds like you have a poor earth. Start checking the driver's side , probably just a small amount of corrosion on the earth terminal in the back lights. Certainly that is where I'd look first.

HTH

Angus

Guest Ian & Carole

+ 3 bad earth.

The brake lights have lost some or all of their earth and are finding the next best available, the indicator.

Could just be a build up of crud (great word) on the side of the bulbs, quick clean and a spray of WD40.

HTHs

Guest Phil_neast

Luke, almost certainly a bad earth. I ad he same issue when I got the S7. I ended up running a new earth to the rear lights as I think the original was just not man enough for the job. Fixed it straight away.

Regard

Phil.

Hi Luke, while you are busy cleaning up all the connections it is worth popping on some Contralube from Maplins - it is alleged to improve conductivity and protects joints from corrosion/oxidation etc

It isn't the usual snake oil stuff as is approved by NATO ( cue loads of jokes......)

We have used it extensively on the jeep with its 29 year old wiring and have started using it on the TR7 and not had any re occurring problems.

atb

Mike