The National Memorial Arboretum

stevedohc2b

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a pop up BBQ packed in the trailer.

If the weather is half decent and we can get some burgers etc on the Saturday, then we can have a communal BBQ Sat night.

I'm happy to do the burger flipping.

As long as the wife keeps me topped up with a beer :drinks:

Guest chris brown

Just got back from spending the day National Arboretum. What a great day out I didn't realise how much there is there to see.

Thanks to Stephen for the org and to all for the great company.

Just to echo the thanks above. The Arboretum is a special place, but there are areas for quiet contemplation.

Let's hope there are no more names to go on the main memorial.

Thanks for a great trip (& dinner) Stephen, (or is it Mr. Babycham?), the campsite was very good and you even provided a free light show on Friday evening. Company was excellent (as usual).

Pics will follow when I get time to download.

Thanks to those who came glad you had a good day great place to visit well worth an other visit.

Lesley soon recovered from feeling un well friday night and also enjoyed her visit!

Thanks to all who camped over for the great company and BBQ Sat night

See you all Soon

Stephen

Thanks to all for a great week-end, the arboretum is a lovely peaceful memorial; pity the suffering necessary for its commemoration. Critch Tramway Museum was an interesting visit, working displays get my vote every time. Must have done a good deed recently; we ran all the way home with only a few tiny showers; been in doors 30 minutes & the heavens opened; kerb to kerb rivers flowing by our garden.

Thanks to all for a great week-end, the arboretum is a lovely peaceful memorial; pity the suffering necessary for its commemoration. Critch Tramway Museum was an interesting visit, working displays get my vote every time. Must have done a good deed recently; we ran all the way home with only a few tiny showers; been in doors 30 minutes & the heavens opened; kerb to kerb rivers flowing by our garden.

at least lake Fry will be getting topped up ! Thank you all for a great weekend good food good wine and great company

Great weekend, views to die for at the campsite, watching the thunder roll across the countryside on Friday was great fun.

The arboretum itself is a fantastic place, hundreds of memorials to all sorts of organisations as well as the imposing central monument.

Thanks to Stephen and Lesley for organising it all and to all who attended and contributed to the good times as well as the booze and BBQ.