Gbs 2B Wishbone Handling Pack

Guest DROID

Hi All,

I've just ordered the handling pack from GBS and I was wondering if anyone knew the base line settings? Also should I beware of any pending issues??

Andy.......

Hi dan,

I remember reading your artical in the club magazine about the conversion but I can't find now (age). Didn't you had to buy new wings?? If this is the case I was thinking of the new sport style which are now available.......

Thanks, Dan,

I'm looking forward to getting them fitted and see the difference in the handling. I've notched my original wings to get them to site closer to wheel so I'll probably need new ones ;-(

Guest Neil.Pritchard

Hi Andy , I' ve just up graded my shocks to all gaz type . Next on my list was to fit the 2b wishbone handling set , could you let me know of what difference it makes

and i also fanice fitting the sports wing which are now available for the 2b .

Cheers Neil.

Guest red-col

Andy, Same from me -I would be interested in knowing the difference it makes with the new wishbone setup? I purchased a 2nd hand 2b which came with all gaz shocks but I have been told to upgrade the wishbones for a big improvement in the handling. So far I haven't been able to drive it due to the work its taking to get it how I like it before putting it on the road!

Cheers Dean

It is very different when fitted under steer is reduced greatly and steering self centers far better, they dont just alter the camber charictaristics but also the castor, its set back approx 10mm more from memory and camber stays almost constant through the suspension travel.

It makes the car how it should have been from day one !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a quick up-date on the wishbone installation. First issue encountered was i had to retap the wishbones to get the ball joints fitted. One would have thought they would have done this after welding. The second is as I thought, the cycle wings will need replacing as I modifiy my originals to sit closer to the tyre. To this end has anyone used a compnay called

Vicfibretech

. I found them on the internet this morning and they're charging £55 + £9.95 postage for a pair of wings. The journey continues.........

• 4 months later...
Guest DROID

Hi all,

I managed to get my first drive in the car since fitting the handling pack and the difference is enormous. You get so much feed-back through the steering now and I'm sure my confidence will only grow the more I drive. Just the final set-up of the front alignment and fitting of the new cycle wings when they arrive.

All in all I would highly recommend the fitting of the kit, its fairly easy to do, but remember there's a high chance you will need to renew your cycle wings.

Andy............

Guest marsbar

Hi Droid was it you I was talking too at Newark late Saturday night about modified 2B front suspension?

It was one of the Scotish lads, anyway I have modified suspension and out of all the things I have changed on the car, it's the one I am most pleased with.

The car handles now, Sports Bikes cannot keep up with it on the twisty stuff.

Best money you can spend!