Skcc Uk Road Trip - Come And Join Us

Guest boggybogstar

Guest boggybogstar

The Road Trip has been run for the past 2 years and is a great experience - that's not me speaking, that's the feedback from those that have come along!

The format is simple......its a 5 day 4 night trip that starts on the Weds and finishes on the 1st Bank hold Sunday weekend in May - according to my diary that’s the 1st - 5th.

Each day we cover a couple of hundred miles, not necessarily 'blatting' - you drive as you want to, last year we had 20 cars and quite naturally the group gradually split up throughout the morning/afternoon due to traffic etc

The roads are picked as far as possible to match the cars that we have, stunning scenery blending with lovely twisties and at the end of each day we stay in a Hotel - normally in a small Town so that we can have a few beers/curry- whatever, the banter and fun is equally as impressive as the driving.....

OK so that's the backdrop....where are we going?

Day 1- up as far as Holmfirth in the Peaks and finishing just outside Sheffield – weds the 1st

Day 2 sheffield zig zag across mid Peaks and then down towards Shropshire before finishing at Llangollen

Day 3 round robin staying in Llangollen again

Day 4 Llangollen to Llandrindod wells

Day 5 home or Stoneleigh depending what individuals are doing.

So here’s your chance to organise a run and meet us en-route to come and say hello, it would be great to see you and maybe join us for a short while – or even the whole day, and find out exactly what the group driving experience is all about, PM me if you want a bit more detail, timings etc!

Humber Bridge

P1050276.jpg

Bridlington last year

scDSC02608.jpg

And what we will experience this year

A cheeky little view of wales

llanberisjpgCustom.jpg

the great orme in llandudno where we'll have a wee drive ( small toll)

greatormeCustom.jpg

a pleasing view from Epynt - mid wales

epyntCustom.jpg

the black mountains

drive-black_1681749iCustom.jpg

THE famous Top Gear Road - the a4069

a4069Custom.jpg

Winnats pass in the peaks

WinnatsPassandSpeedwellCavernCustom.jpg

and forgive the crappy sound - the Llanberis Pass

Guest greenwood03

trust Tony to miss some important info - we start at Thurrock ( dartford crossing area) and then we will pick up a few of our pals just shy of Cambridge, from there we head toward Rutland and a bit further up cut west into the Peaks.

Probably cant make the whole trip......

But I will join you at Thurrock for a days drive out at least....

Cheers, Bob

BTW Tony, just spotted my hood going up the Mall towards the palace in the vid

also the town square in France ..Happy day

• 2 weeks later...
Guest boggybogstar

Ive been asked by a few to put some more details up for this trip, so here goes.

Please can I remind folks though that if you want to join then please make contact with me and I will forward you onto the guy thats organising this particular trip.

So, the trip itself will follow the same logistics as previous years, basically if your in for the tour then routes will be supplied in ITN format, these can be loaded into most TomToms although TT have recently changed the firmwares on nearly all teir devices which hides the itinary function. The ITN files can be viewed on any PC and maps can be printed out if required.

An ITN file is a small file that loads on the tomtom, we plan the route so each day has a number of waypoints, normall about 40 or so, and then TT takes you through all the waypoints rather than direct from A to B which means you always do the scenic routes first.

All ITNs for folks joining the full or part tour will be sent out a few days before we start - for obvious reasons.

The beauty of ITNs is anyone can join and drive at any pace they want because you know where youll be going, they arent essential and theres no reason why you cant just tag along, in the 30 or so cars taking part this year we naturally split into different groups - some fast some slow, and some very very slow - but the key point is to drive how you want and not feel drawn into others driving styles.

We are happy for "day trippers", ie just join the driving for a day, but what we cant do is keep stopping to meet and greet, sothe best appoach is to meet us at the hotel's in the morning and run with us as far as you want, if you still want to join but want to meet us en route then closer to the time (ie a week or so before we leave) I can arrange a place on route close to where you are - the plan here would you to join us as we go past and we will get to say the hello's when we stop for our fag/wee/tea/lunch breaks.

So we meet at the Maccy Ds car park in Lakeside on the first day, costs for the hotels are £55/£60 per night for singles and £75/£80 for couples - for the full tour we would need deposits of around £160 to book your place.

If you want to join us for one night then thats great and we just need the depost for that night - the only caveat with part tourers is if the hotels book up but we need them for a full tourer then they will take priority.

Any questions at the back? :)

Guest boggybogstar

Well done Bob, and there certainly will be, can you fit a tow bar and a twin axle trailor to pick up all the breakdowns as you come through? :D

Ill PM you some contact details