Sva Application

Guest john

So after sending off to Swansea for an SVA test, I get a letter asking me to confirm the design GVW , and to verify the year of manufacture of the engine.

I've read about these before, when I was just a junior builder, but now they mean something to me I can't find them, and panic is overtaking me.

Can anyone please point me to where the answers to the above are ?

Thanks in advance

John

(Reading) :(

Guest Taffy Rob

Hi

the GVW is simply the sum of the design weights you stated for each axle (well, not necessarily, but it will do...), although its worth noteing that the old RHE supplied figures (600 front, 450 rear), will fail the sva.

There is a chart somewhere on the rhocar site which will tell you what year the engine is based on the engine number. Or it might be on the nw site actually. http://nw.rhocar.org.

but im not sure...

Hi Rob, thanks, I found the engine codes on the nw rhocar site.

On the GVW, I was concerned they may need more than just my word for it, like a letter form RHE.

If thats not so, fine by me.

One more step towards sunny Yeading.

Thanks again for your help ;)

Guest Taffy Rob

Well, you may do in all honesty. Initially Cardiff accepted my decleration, but the figures were wrong, and they said they would require proof of the revised figures. I had a pleasant time speaking to richard about this, he told me new figures over the phone but more or less refused to send me anything as he was too busy and didnt have anyone there to do it.

Sorry to put a downer on it...

Guest Simon M

I've recently sent my SVA application quoting 600 front & 450 rear, as specified at the very end of the RHE video. So I wonder which is right.

I've not yet heard back from Swansea yet!

Hi Simon

Since you have already put the figures down, phone RHE (Gina not Tech help line) and ask her for a letter on RHE headed paper stating the correct values.

then on SVA day when the Fail on this point (and they will)you already have the letter to confirm the correct weights.

Gina was very helpful when i phoned with this problem (after failing not just on this tho).

If every thing else pass's and you fail on this it would be very annoying, it cant be that difficult for RHE to add a note to the paper work when collecting the kit that the values are incorrect.

They do know about it as do every SVA centre.

Mitch