Fuel Pump

Guest Wozzer

I made the conversion from EFI to carbs by fitting a mechanical pump from an earlier pinto. Made the push rod by angle grinding off a length of an old valve stem and trimming it to size by trial and error. Perhaps someone who has the real thing could measure the rod and post its length on here. Feeds twin 40's fine.

Nigel

Guest Tim Norman

What is the limit of power the mechanical pump will feed. I have an electric problem at the minute and dont like not being able to drive Bob.

Don't know for sure but my old pump happily fed my 140 bhp engine when I had a 8mm feed and 6mm return through a vapour separator so it must have had a fair bit in hand. Its pumping volume on carbs after all, not pressure.

Nigel

Guest Stephen Robertson

Woozer

I have a spare pump photo attached, I got it by mistake as I needed a mechanical pump. I have used it once to prime the fuel system before I started the car for the first time. Let me know if it would be suitable . £20

post-18-1084958995.jpg

Guest Wozzer

HI Stephen,

Yes that looks ideal.

I did not build a return pipe for the fuel and have crimped the return pipe in the sender so I need an electric interupter pump.

I will send you an email to confirm

Thanks

Warren :D