Guess The Engine

Guest zoomzoom

Guest zoomzoom

Hi all, First of all I would like to say that ebay is a bad bad place.

So can anyone guess this engine?

image_url-1748-1358096818_thumb.jpg

The lucky winner will become my new best friend if he or she knows these engines as it is currently sitting in the garage and i'm hopeing to fit it to the Zero asap.

Marcus

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say we are looking at the business end of whatever it is but there's no flywheel on it.

The bolts for the bell-housing look too far away from a circle to be a Ford 4-pot so I'm thinking not a Zetec. Those two bolts on their own up the top there are reminiscent of a Cologne V6 but it doesn't look wide enough up top.

The vague red bits up top look like they might be the rocker cover of a twin-cam of some variety.

Looks like maybe an ally EFi intake manifold on the right of the picture so drivers side if I'm right about which angle we're looking at.

I did wonder about an MX5 lump but I don't see a cam sensor on the back of the exhaust cam.

So...... Vauxhall XE maybe?

Guest alfaGTA

whoop whoop!! Is it a standard engine or uprated? Should run easily on your megasquirt if you wanted but its old enough engine to not have NATS? Assume you are going Nissan gearbox too? Don't know a great deal about those engines but they are heavily modified in some scenes and can take big power

Guest zoomzoom

It's just standard for now, I got it with turbo,inlets,alternator, etc also a full wiring loom with ecu and gearbox,clutch and inter cooler .

Just £175 and it was local...