Club Benfits / Keyboard Warriors

Guest Lowlife

Guest Lowlife

Not a case of converting, more a case of the club showing it can adapt and evolve morphing away from "this is how it has always been" into "what do we need to learn / change to move forward"

Process change is difficult and sometimes necessary, stagnated "this is how it is" eventually ends in HMV / Comet style demise.

When I talk to customers about using new techniques I sometimes ask if they have a 42" plasma HD TV or a small BW box in the corner, obviously the answer is the same, then I ask why do you think that is the case? Again the answer is always the same..................... Progress!!!

Paid up and thus joined, will be inviting a few out in March for a play!!!

welcome and look forward to some runs out in the spring if the weather is kind, having said that had a good blast on sunday

Not a case of converting, more a case of the club showing it can adapt and evolve morphing away from "this is how it has always been" into "what do we need to learn / change to move forward"

Process change is difficult and sometimes necessary, stagnated "this is how it is" eventually ends in HMV / Comet style demise.

When I talk to customers about using new techniques I sometimes ask if they have a 42" plasma HD TV or a small BW box in the corner, obviously the answer is the same, then I ask why do you think that is the case? Again the answer is always the same..................... Progress!!!

Please explain to my wife the TV thing we currently have a 50" thing and I then saw this http://www.cnet.com/8301-33379_1-57354791/lg-ships-largest-lcd-tv-this-summer-will-its-4k-rez-help-passive-3d/ in my opinion its progress, in the wifes opinion its a NO!

why does this keep coming up ,lock the forum to non members . i feel all i have worked for is being given away.

plus all our members who have paid membership and contributed in the past, their hard work and their contributions are being given away .

given away to free loaders . people who want the info on the forum but are unwilling to pay a poxy £15 for the info to complete their dream car ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

joke and not happy it continues

Guest boggybogstar

actually i think this is a great thread and it should be considered as a means to understand eveyones needs.

@Alan builder, point taken, tge opening sentence of an advetisment should grip the reader better, some of the events we do are quite complicated and can only be captured in a long thread, but i will try to summarise the details on future ones.

incidentally, the costs of the UK road trip if your a single driver is about £50 to 60 a night for the hotels/b&bs, we would need a deposit but if you join us for one day then its only the cost of your petrol, the issue bieng is we wont be telling you the route until closer to the time unless you sign up for the whole trip, if you join for the day we will meet you at tge start point.

the road trip ends on the day Stonleigh starts in South Wales area, a few of us lot then drive to the show rather than just going home.

im still inteested in tge club funding events, is the club spending money on the right stuff?, for example, im keen to organise a track day at either Brands or Lydden this year, it would be open to anyone that wants to go, but for paid up Rhocar members can we offer a benefit?, ie subsedise only the members, the key question is do more people want that rather than tge hog roast?

the other thing that i was wondering on this tgread is the amount of comments about members helping members, this is great, i think ther was a reference about 9 blokes helping each other out this weekend, would you seriously have turned away one of their offer to help if they werent a paid member?, if you were driving next weekend and noticed a hoody broken down somewhere would you ask them if they were a member before assisting them?

sorry about the spelling, and i havent test read what ive typed because im using one of these pain in the bum tablet things with a virtual keyboard!

Paid up and thus joined, will be inviting a few out in March for a play!!!

before then get to a local meet and get to know a few people we at s.yorks do not kick tyres nor talk about cars we talk about everything else in between the banter... in doing this you may get a better responce when you organize a run out somewhere.

It will take a little time and effort on your part to get to know people and it wont happen overnight but it really is as stated put the effort in and you will reap the reward...

tony

i am a member of skcc , but i feel you are manuplicating the facts to suit yourself, sorry dude i like what you do .

but we do it a bit different on rhocar.

lock the forum

mayby a trial period .

but stop non members undermining the forum and what we are about .

we as members will help others and will give info to others ,

we always have ,but support the club £15 is not a lot to be able to

find a sump

find the wiring solution ect

lock it !!!!!!!!!!

im still inteested in tge club funding events, is the club spending money on the right stuff?, for example, im keen to organise a track day at either Brands or Lydden this year, it would be open to anyone that wants to go, but for paid up Rhocar members can we offer a benefit?, ie subsedise only the members, the key question is do more people want that rather than tge hog roast?

How much money do you think the club has ? the funds keep it running and thats about it track days cost in excess of £100 a time so how would this be sustained one member pays £15 then gets xxx back for a subsidized track day. The majority of the membership are not interested in track days as you will find out if you try to organize one.

Guest boggybogstar

but we do it a bit different on rhocar.

lock the forum

mayby a trial period .

but stop non members undermining the forum and what we are about .

we as members will help others and will give info to others ,

we always have ,but support the club £15 is not a lot to be able to

find a sump

find the wiring solution ect

lock it !!!!!!!!!!

is that everyones opinion?

honestly, ive no axe to grind,funding or no funding doesnt matter to me because we will be doing these things anyway, its just this thread was opened questioning benefits, as a fully paid up member im now on here offering events for people to join in, and suggesting that maybe the club could question what it subsidises in terms of passing benefits on.

i dont have an opinion on locking the forum im afraid

Guest boggybogstar

@Dane, sorry i cant quote with this tablet thing, im not suggesting huge amounts at all, it only has to be a 'something', a benefit for free tea and cofee at the track, Rhocar arranged track insurance, appreciate the club cant actually pay for the track entry!

tony sorry

i feel you do have an agenda, why would you be here otherwise.

sorry dude i like what you do.

but you are questioning what our leadership is doing and what it is about.

, shall we say you are a leader of a competing kit car club are you a member of rhocar and trying to i feel to segregate the membership of rhocar .

there is not a forum in the country i believe that has the info we have , protect it and charge for it .

Guest boggybogstar

Sorry if thats the way im coming accross, its really not intended that way :wacko: :)

Its healthy debate though

blimey, £4k for Blyton? Ridiculous, we did a track day at Lydden in 2011 and it was £20 for 20 minutes, pay as many times as you want, i think theyre doing the same offers again this year.