Club Benfits / Keyboard Warriors

Guest Lowlife

personally I don't agree with locking the forum to nonmembers but that is my own opinion and i also respect others opinions.

I hope people dont overlook the fact that there are plenty of nonmembers who also add useful information onto this site.....these non members that would be locked out.

Myself... I have added plenty and it doesn't bother me that people can see this information without paying....it's not exactly national secrets!! or stuff which can't be found elsewhere on the Internet.

By now, you are probably fed up of banging the same drum everytime this topic is mentioned...i would say that if it bothers you that much, bring it up at he agm and let the club decid as a whole!

Increasing restriction to the forum would help, but locking completely would mean that people just don't join and the club would die in my opinion.

Infact, the main reasons I paid membership (and now continue to) on other clubs is because of the frustration caused by restricted access.

• Like 1

tony from skcc is doing a great job in promoting his club we dont do this . in every post his club is promoted .

learn !"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we need to do more

richard

the forum has value , the club has value. we work hard to help anyone who has a prob whith a rhsc .

car

if it cant be found then why would we protect it .

be a member stand up and be counted

Guest Alan_builder

Increasing restriction to the forum would help, but locking completely would mean that people just don't join and the club would die in my opinion.

Infact, the main reasons I paid membership (and now continue to) on other clubs is because of the frustration caused by restricted access.

Could you expand a little?

Suppose we let you see and do all but not sell for a month (suck you in so to speak) then what should we shut off?

1 Asking questions but leave the files searchable?

2 the reverse of 1 above

3 something else

be a member stand up and be counted

I am standing up an being counted. My opinion is different to yours and you should respect it as i respect yours.

Put it to the vote at the agm for the club as a whole to decide and then we must accept the outcome.

Guest Alan_builder

Sorry if thats the way im coming accross, its really not intended that way :wacko: :)

Its healthy debate though

blimey, £4k for Blyton? Ridiculous, we did a track day at Lydden in 2011 and it was £20 for 20 minutes, pay as many times as you want, i think theyre doing the same offers again this year.

Tony I don't think you and Phil are on the same wavelength.

Tony you have a person cost and Phil has the track for a day. I am not sure if that cost has marshals so the track can be used by more than one car at a time.

Access to for sale sections is a good one. Locostbuilders.co.uk you can't see for sale items until 48 hours after they are posted, which was enough to make me pay in there.

Also restricting number of daily posts and /or restricting number of page views per day.

Also I think being able to see the content of the member only sections but not open the threads themselves would be good. It lets people see what they are missing so to speak.

• Like 1

Guest boggybogstar

@Alan, honestly, i am on the same wavelength, track days are expensive hobbies, but whatever the cost or format i was simply suggesting that maybe theres a "benefit" that the club could hook into, benefit doesnt mean paying all or part of the entry, it can mean anything but as a club you can advertise that benefit.

Im backing out of the debate now :-), ill be along shortly with details of the Mega European trip thats due in June at some point soon :-)

Tony I don't think you and Phil are on the same wavelength.

Tony you have a person cost and Phil has the track for a day. I am not sure if that cost has marshals so the track can be used by more than one car at a time.

Alan, the track is set up for the day as "arrive and drive" in sessions like a normal trackday, (upto 40 cars on track at one time) you just pay £20 per session.

As non paying member this year and a non kit car owning member I see both sides, whilst I have given alot of information over the past 3 years I have also taken alot of information from it,

I dont see the information within the site a benefit of subscription, what i did pay for is the running costs to provide this information and understood that all the owrk behind the scene cost money, If web space was free and everything that goes with running a forum was free the these people who stand up and commit their own free time would still do it,

I dont see SKCC as competition to this club as they both have different agendas and goals, one focusing on run outs and enjoying the spirited driving and the other proviving infomation.

If you are referencing this club often then be a gent and contribute a small amount to the running costs, same as at work guys, there is usally one individual at work that never puts in the tea money but drinks more than anyone!!!!!

Guest oddsocks

I feel i have to post as it was a disagreement with me and maca that lead to the subject of membership. And as i said in my original post before the mods took it all down that i wasnt criticising the forum but i just didnt get the benefits out of it that others who live in the north seem to as thats where the most of the club members live-therefore they get monthly meets,help when needed etc etc.

I have met some friends thro the forum which im grateful for.

But as regards shows i've gone to a few and encouraged others i know to come with me but like i said in my original post i've never had a cup of tea or coffee or hog roast. I didnt know that the club had its own gazebo and when i went to stoneleigh last yr i thought it was someone private gazebo as it was by a few cars with people sitting in there! There was no signs saying come and join us for a cuppa if your a member or open to all members-what i think alot of you dont relise that we dont know what you look like!! I've probably spoken to some of you on here but have never met where as alot of you know each other and stick to each other when you meet up at shows which is natural but a bit intimadating for strangers turning up for the first time to meet.

I like some of the suggestions for helping the forum thus helping to get more members signed up also like they idea of forum track day meets etc. but there are other tracks which are alot cheaper to hire than blyton. I did enquire about one before and i think it was about 2k for a day but couldnt get any interest as there was a camp site next door to the track with twin engine go karts there also to prove who really is The Stig but nobody took up the suggestion.

Why cat we do things like that intead of hog roast and tea. put money for the forum to use??

My thoughts

View only on construction sections

For sale no view till post is 3 days old

No posting pictures or links

No status updates

No signature this would also stop the spammers we get from time to time

No forum search (just troll through all the info till you find what you want) I know I would soon pay membership

• Like 1

Yanto "before the mods took it all down" I took it down because where you were having your debate was not the right place to have it a build thread was hijacked. Only for that reason it was done with the blessing of the original author. As for the members of the north getting everything don't think so. We are the north us up in Scotland a small but growing group of members, who for the first time two years ago headed for Newark in convoy all three of us. We were made most welcome we didn't know anyone from Adam we made ourselves known. From that day we have made good friends with like minded people and look forward to June every year a 800 mile round trip for us but worth it good company, good banter, good Malt.

Andy