Club Benfits / Keyboard Warriors

Guest Lowlife

I feel i have to post as it was a disagreement with me and maca that lead to the subject of membership. And as i said in my original post before the mods took it all down that i wasnt criticising the forum but i just didnt get the benefits out of it that others who live in the north seem to as thats where the most of the club members live-therefore they get monthly meets,help when needed etc etc.

I have met some friends thro the forum which im grateful for.

But as regards shows i've gone to a few and encouraged others i know to come with me but like i said in my original post i've never had a cup of tea or coffee or hog roast. I didnt know that the club had its own gazebo and when i went to stoneleigh last yr i thought it was someone private gazebo as it was by a few cars with people sitting in there! There was no signs saying come and join us for a cuppa if your a member or open to all members-what i think alot of you dont relise that we dont know what you look like!! I've probably spoken to some of you on here but have never met where as alot of you know each other and stick to each other when you meet up at shows which is natural but a bit intimadating for strangers turning up for the first time to meet. As far as putting events up on the forum and not getting a lot of interest... well times are hard, time is short and you have to realise that the forum is used by a small percentage of our members so a lot of plans fall on deaf ears

I like some of the suggestions for helping the forum thus helping to get more members signed up also like they idea of forum track day meets etc. but there are other tracks which are alot cheaper to hire than blyton. I did enquire about one before and i think it was about 2k for a day but couldnt get any interest as there was a camp site next door to the track with twin engine go karts there also to prove who really is The Stig but nobody took up the suggestion.

Why cat we do things like that intead of hog roast and tea. put money for the forum to use??

The shows are where the majority of RHOCaR members get to meet, hence food, tea etc are provided by the club, the gazebos, in my opinion, are set wrong on the stands, they soon get over run by people that already know each other and can seem very unwelcoming. We have been having talks about solving this issue, one of the ideas being kicked about is to have a separate gazebo, manned by a couple of committee members or club volunteers with the tea making stuff, membership info, club gear etc. this gazebo will be the hub for the meet and greet, we have pondered putting the club bbq on the main stand in the afternoon before it gets moved to the camping area.... we just need some burger flipping volunteers. If as a club we can welcome possible new members and introduce them to a member in their area, then at least they will have a face they recognize if they do attend an area meet. My first ever show was Stoneleigh 2009, I only knew Nicko as he answered a request to view a built 2b, he popped to my garage and we got on from there..... at the show he introduced me to numerous other members, Since that show myself, my wife and my 2 young boys have been made to feel so welcome by the club. Admittedly we always say pull up a chair and join in... I appreciate this isn't always the easy thing to do, being a shy bloke myself ;), this is why we always invite people to get along to their area meet get to know a couple of faces

Guest oddsocks

Yanto "before the mods took it all down" I took it down because where you were having your debate was not the right place to have it a build thread was hijacked. Only for that reason it was done with the blessing of the original author. As for the members of the north getting everything don't think so. We are the north us up in Scotland a small but growing group of members, who for the first time two years ago headed for Newark in convoy all three of us. We were made most welcome we didn't know anyone from Adam we made ourselves known. From that day we have made good friends with like minded people and look forward to June every year a 800 mile round trip for us but worth it good company, good banter, good Malt.

Andy

Not to be argumentive but i didnt hijack craigs thread if you look at the post i was commended craig for what he done but some1 else was critizing his methods which i said something about.

And i didnt mean up north of england get everythin its where the most of the people on the forum live hence the scene up there is more lively-think there is 3 zeros down here.

Not to be argumentive but i didnt hijack craigs thread if you look at the post i was commended craig for what he done but some1 else was critizing his methods which i said something about.

And i didnt mean up north of england get everythin its where the most of the people on the forum live hence the scene up there is more lively-think there is 3 zeros down here.

Don't mention the North / South divide.... we managed to gaffa tape that can of worms back up a long time ago :crazy:

Guest oddsocks

The shows are where the majority of RHOCaR members get to meet, hence food, tea etc are provided by the club, the gazebos, in my opinion, are set wrong on the stands, they soon get over run by people that already know each other and can seem very unwelcoming. We have been having talks about solving this issue, one of the ideas being kicked about is to have a separate gazebo, manned by a couple of committee members or club volunteers with the tea making stuff, membership info, club gear etc. this gazebo will be the hub for the meet and greet, we have pondered putting the club bbq on the main stand in the afternoon before it gets moved to the camping area.... we just need some burger flipping volunteers. If as a club we can welcome possible new members and introduce them to a member in their area, then at least they will have a face they recognize if they do attend an area meet. My first ever show was Stoneleigh 2009, I only knew Nicko as he answered a request to view a built 2b, he popped to my garage and we got on from there..... at the show he introduced me to numerous other members, Since that show myself, my wife and my 2 young boys have been made to feel so welcome by the club. Admittedly we always say pull up a chair and join in... I appreciate this isn't always the easy thing to do, being a shy bloke myself ;), this is why we always invite people to get along to their area meet get to know a couple of faces

I agree mark why not put the gazebo in the middle of the field with it cornered off so no cars can park by there so i think people will relize its not a private gazebo but the forums with maybe the bbq at the side with chairs around it so you making people meet and talk to each other then putting faces to the names then promoting the club as a group?

We just need more tape for the east/west divide--- Yanto is over in Welsh Wales. I recon if we buy some vertical tape instead of this horizontal stuff we've been using up to now all should be well ARAF ARAF quick ,quick ARAF will see the job done.

I agree mark why not put the gazebo in the middle of the field with it cornered off so no cars can park by there so i think people will relize its not a private gazebo but the forums with maybe the bbq at the side with chairs around it so you making people meet and talk to each other then putting faces to the names then promoting the club as a group?

Hopefully the people doing the meet and greats will have id cards with their forum names on.. mine aint too difficult... so at least it gives the members something to regonise, as said once that initial ice is broken, the rest is easy, it is hard for the usual show attendees because we do get to see people we only see 2/3 times ayear so we do end up talking for ages and miss things going off around us. I do like the idea of the club gazebo in the middle,

Yanto if you come to stoneleigh Newark or donnington get to the club stand and say ok who is phil or mark or dan and you will be made welcome this goes for any one. We spend many hours on the club stand so do tend to end up sat having a chat to pass the day so pleases just interrupt us an say hi

• Like 1

Guest Lowlife

Lesson to be learned perhaps????

Massive and passionate response all round with many different degrees of feedback. Tolerance is key, we all have an opinion and thety are all valid. Problems occur when we fail to respect each others aspirations / expectations of the club / forum.

Maybe think before typing, I am as guilty as most