Club Benfits / Keyboard Warriors

Guest Lowlife

a good constructive debate thank you to all you have filled my cold winter nights with something other than the wife and girls soaps on tv :) :) :) :) and 2 new members to boot roll on the summer :o :o :o

'yanto' post='271006']

I feel i have to post as it was a disagreement with me and maca that lead to the subject of membership.

'yanto' post='271014']

Not to be argumentive but i didnt hijack craigs thread if you look at the post i was commended craig for what he done but some1 else was critizing his methods which i said something about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In reply to your posts I was trying to be helpful to Craig (Not critizing his methods.)

Also I have had a reply from (WHIZ) about the posts and the deletion of the said posts and He had not ever heard of the paint before and said that you learn someting new.

Yes I did suggest to you to become a payed up member along with many others on the forum,

But if you dont feel the need to be a full member thats up to you.

I am sorry if that got your back up as to what benefits you would gain as to being a community user.

I personally am happy to pay the subcription fee to the club and feel that I get great value for my money.

Regards

Martin (maca)

Guest Lowlife

Going back to the original topic for a moment, I think the point has been missed along the way, the forum is as a result of the club not THE club. Hence the forum is not a benefit as such as it can be used by anyone paid or otherwise!

The question is what benefit is there to being a member, think before responding. Lets come up with some new responses other than

Insurance discount

Magazine

Meets in a pub / field

Hog roast

None of the above I am bothered by as shows are tedious and I don't read the mag etc. (being a bit devils advocate)

I'll start

Regular group Sunday morning blats?

As an after thought what about the club producing or publishing some sort of manifesto or mission statement??

Guest boggybogstar

Going back to the original topic for a moment, I think the point has been missed along the way, the forum is as a result of the club not THE club. Hence the forum is not a benefit as such as it can be used by anyone paid or otherwise!

The question is what benefit is there to being a member, think before responding. Lets come up with some new responses other than

Insurance discount

Magazine

Meets in a pub / field

Hog roast

None of the above I am bothered by as shows are tedious and I don't read the mag etc. (being a bit devils advocate)

I'll start

Regular group Sunday morning blats?

As an after thought what about the club producing or publishing some sort of manifesto or mission statement??

This really is an excellent question

I dont think "regular morning blats" is a benefit of Rhocar though as (1) you would likely meet these guys you drive with anyway and (2) its not an event as such, ie i do SKCC blats, what would be the difference with a RHocar blat?, what would be the benefit.

Maybe we need to think how it could be though, ie paid for cup of tea at the cafe when members arrive?? - (only a suggestion)

Guest Alan_builder

A fantastic group of friends

Sunday lunches

Camping weekends

Photo Shoots of our cars.

Free beer at Stonleigh

NeighourHOOD call (Depends where you live, may be a home call) We built, put the engine in, wired it up and got MAT Moo's (web Guru) car running.

Pre IVA call. Depends where you live (Yanto, I am in the south and on page 5 you said these kind of activities only happens in the north

Much of the above depends on the Area Sec and his helpers.

Guest oddsocks

This is good fedback everyone is having their say on what they want from the club.

What do people think of my suggestion of making like a club meet where everybodies needs are catered for. Camping weekend then a track day and then professional go karts to find out who really is The Stig??

All in the same area!

http://www.llandowcaravanpark.com/

http://www.llandowkartclub.co.uk/

Llandow circuit think the web site is down so cant link it.

Not only that but it would further peoples interest in our cars as theres not alot of them around here but im always getting stopped and people talking to me about it what is,where did you get it from etc etc.

I have told this to GBS as well to promote them as alot of poeple down here love their cars and we got some great roads but no ones knows about GBS/Robinhood cars.

Think promoting the cars and the club will only grow peoples interest in the cars whether the buy a kit or look for a ready built thus more to the forum.

Whats that sayin- "build it and they will come"

Edited by yanto

Guest Lowlife

This is good fedback everyone is having their say on what they want from the club.

What do people think of my suggestion of making like a club meet where everybodies needs are catered for. Camping weekend then a track day and then professional go karts to find out who really is The Stig??

All in the same area!

http://www.llandowcaravanpark.com/

http://www.llandowkartclub.co.uk/

Llandow circuit think the web site is down so cant link it.

Not only that but it would further peoples interest in our cars as theres not alot of them around here but im always getting stopped and people talking to me about it what is,where did you get it from etc etc.

I have told this to GBS as well to promote them as alot of poeple down here love their cars and we got some great roads but no ones knows about GBS/Robinhood cars.

Think promoting the cars and the club will only grow peoples interest in the cars whether the buy a kit or look for a ready built thus more to the forum.

Whats that sayin- "build it and they will come"

I agree that this would tick alot of boxes and it's something different, I would have to sleep at your house though as I don't "camp" if you had seen me at Blyton after the GBS open day last year you would know why!!!!

Out of interest how many paid members are there?? and how many use this forum??

Guest mower man

As a long term member I think I 've seen all this before [more than once ] my take is as said before you only get out what you are willing to put in . If you want track days we have them ,if you want runs out we have them ,ok some areas are much more active than others ,why ? because the members organise these things !. the club is about to change this year, why because members have put their head above the wall and volunteered to do things , I offer them my support and hope that the club will benefit [i'm sure it will ] and continue to be one of the best in the country . As to not being invited on to the club stand and other sim comments you have a voice , a mouth were the sound comes out a brain and don't speak in an ailien tongue use them to introduce your self ! Name tags ,id cards are a great idea I wear one most of the time I'm in the car not just at meetings or shows make your own up . Come on we are peopll with a like interest lets get together and make it work mower man [ mick ] :acute: :clapping: :crazy:

So far as I see, membership should and does allow full access to all forums on the web, both to view and post replies, and advertise goods for sale.

One way of increasing membership would be to allow new users 2 months free unlimited access, in order to get a look and feel for the forum and its users.

Once they have seen the benefits, of which there are many, could view only mode can switched on until membership is paid up?

It works for other builder sites..........

Si

Guest Lowlife

A club camping and trackday thing has already been broached for Blyton by Phil last year. But the number of people that expressed interest made in financially unworkable. It would have worked out at £200-£250 a head so it worked out far cheaper just to book on a pre-organised trackday for £100 and live with the others on track.

I organised 3 get togethers at Blyton track days last year. The last date there was only 3 members turned up to play. I will be posting up more for this year once the weather warms up a touch.

I'm up for any you organise!!!!

I was actually at a few of them last year but with a different crowd