Club Benfits / Keyboard Warriors

Guest Lowlife

I have read the thread, but my point is to a none member there is no concise listing of benefits anywhere I have seen in the time I have been using this site. If there is one then maybe it would be good practice to link none members to it when telling them to pay up?

Might even persuade me to become a member ;-)

Oh, and only running membership from January to December will put off most people joining from April onwards....

Edit: there were posts while I was typing. Thanks phil for the reply.

Longboarder, my point was that people had seemingly ignored that post. If you want people to pay more for something (and £15 is infinitely more than nothing) than you have to shout about what they get for the money!

Edited by theduck

Oh, and only running membership from January to December will put off most people joining from April onwards....

rolling membership is very hard to do what you have to remember is the club is run by volunteers and the easiest way to do membership is Jan to Jan. Its not just the membership side but the magazine issues to be sent out to the paid members. This is the reason it has been kept simple

Guest Alan_builder

The magazine certainly makes it more complicated but surely a simple database could be used to monitor it? Even a spreadsheet could do it but would probably prove more labour intensive.

The membership Sec has a data base.

Keeping up to date with renewals every month of the year is a task I would need employing to do! I think you would to. It would be easier to pay for the used part of the first year.

But what are we talking about? We are talking about £1.25 a month, so do you need a decrease for every month? or for 1/4 of a year at a time? Taking joining on 1/4 you would argue to join only at the start of a 1/4.

If you feel bad about loosing £7.50 for the rest of the year join next January?

Changing tack.

Your post for benefits came after I delineated the benefits, please consider how I felt seeing your later complaint about a reply?

I do however agree, our home page should list the benefits of splashing £15.

The magazine certainly makes it more complicated but surely a simple database could be used to monitor it? Even a spreadsheet could do it but would probably prove more labour intensive.

Is that a voice of a volunteer I hear....? :db:

Probably not but if it is please contact the hard working committee members who will be more than willing to listen to any suggestions/ help.

As stated above many many times, this club is one of the best I have ever belonged to. Basically you get out what you put in... :crazy: :crazy:

I agree that maybe we should be advertising benefits more clearly to non members and also perhaps to the 30-day period. If we as a club are to move forward rather than treading air we must take on / make constructive critism and take it on the chin and react accordingly. Negative comments serve no purpose...

So come on put your money where your mouth is, join up and have your say...............constructively :hi:

I'll give it some thought, there are much larger clubs with only a small number of people running them so there must be a low labour way of doing it.

Apologies Alan, I read your post more as a justification rather than a sales pitch!

Edited by theduck

Old news!!!! How many times do we have to go here

As Phil said a rolling membership would be a hell of a job to keep on top of.

The membership secretary is at this very moment finding just how labour intensive it is already!!!

No - not once you get your head around it all. Over hundred done, printed, stuffed, and out in one evening.

The membership Sec has a data base.

Yes I have :rolleyes:

As a full paid up member here I did't join the club for what I could get out of it in benefits for myself, I joined to help and support the club and it's members in any way I can. I have helped many members with information and pictures of things I have made to assist them with how to go about doing a modification on their own car. And have gained so much free information from the forums that far out weighs the subcription fee.

Martin

• Like 2

in one paragraph Macca nailed it,

WE are the club, WE get out of it what WE put in, if you put nothing in, you get nothing in return ,

Join up join in and put somthing in,

Mitch

• Like 1

Guest boggybogstar

Interesting topic and interesting the different opinions - let me try and stay balanced!

Clubs dont run themselves, apart from the huge army of volunteers working for nothing, which has to be respected, the actual forum itself probably costs quite a bit to run, but I do notice quite a lot of sponsored links on the homepage and assume they are helping with the funding too.

Ive re-joined this year with the sole intention of promoting activity in the South, for two reasons, firstly for me to find new additional buddies to drive with (and I would welcome anyone, ie RHocar paid up member or RHocar community user) and secondly if more people join in with thoise activities then surely thats another 'benefit'.

So I can understand folks coming on here saying "whats in it for me", especially if they dont get excited about shows (like me), or tyre kicking in a cold car park (like me), or are able to negotiate their own insurance discount (like me).

So far this year Ive 'littered' the forum with a number of activities that are taking place down here (and accross the country), however Ive had no takers, Ive had a bit of interest but no one actually sign up to anything - is it because its too expensive?, would there be more of an uptake if it was subsidised by the club - for its members - and thus provide an additional benefit?

Whats the state of the clubs P&L?, is it exposed anywhere, can I have funds to plan activities to provide benefits (like B&B on the UK road trip, like the chunnel fare for the Rallye, like the trailor for the Alps), which in turn may/maynot encourage members?, I am curious how the 'pot' is divied up into activities once all the basic forum bills are paid.

Lets keep it contructive ........

Guest Lowlife

As Tony points out some interesting replies, In response to some of them,

I have been to some of the meets, did nothing for me, I enjoyed my drive there and back but nothing more. I made suggestions on various topics and all were dismissed as "we don't do that"

I don't go to the shows!

I have friends I go for blats with, none are affiliated here, Why??

Tony, I would be more than up for all of your play trips and tours (finances restrict that at present), once the car is on the road in March I plan many weekend "field trips" and hopefully I can participate in some bigger events next year.

What I will do is join RHOCAR, if the committee can appreciate that perhaps not all of us want to park in a pub car park and talk about driving our cars. And perhaps not necessarily organise massive trips but support trackdays, Sunday morning blats or post up some good routes we can all enjoy? I did 11 trackdays and 8,000 miles in the Zero last year so maybe that gives a feel for my interests?

I do think the club needs to ask itself why people don't join not blame them for asking the question.

Guest mower man

The old old story ! .You only get out of a club what you put in !! ,I joined before I bought a car and have been a member ever since reaping advice, ins discount new and very good freinds [alot of] all for 16 squid [paypal it's so easy ] .I spend quite a little time trying to help other members and enjoy the humour and banter on here . To the late payers "get your finger out and pay up!!" ,to new members the same applies , no more comments as I will go off on a rant !! mick [ mowerman :acute: :crazy: :clapping: