Ideas

philshelton

Let me first start by saying that I get everything I want from my membership but I think what Phil is doing by asking for ideas is great.

PLEASE KEEP THIS ON TOPIC. NO NEED TO CRITCISE OTHER'S IDEAS. LETS JUST THROW IT ALL IN THE MELTING POT AND SEE WHAT COMES OUT.

My thought (and I've heard others mention it) is for an annual nation RHOCAR meet. We could advertise it to the public and charge an entry on the gate. Invite traders, get some entertainment and beer tents going...and bob's your uncle.

The benifit it would bring individual memebers is the feeling of being involved in something "big"...and of course the event would hold some members advantages...i.e. free camping, entry, BBQ etc....

As some of you have probably guessed, I've got Hollowell in the back of my mind when thinking of this. That only started with a couple of steam engines in 1986 and has grown year by year.

A RHOCAR national meet can be done and all it needs is people to get off their bums and get involved!

• Like 2

Guest Lowlife

How about some presence by RHOCAR at some of the trackdays CMA mentioned previously or joing GBS at one or two of thiers and flying the flag etc. Even possibly arrange one with Javelin and see if the club can get a group discount booking?? I know Phil and some of the others have been at trackdays I have done as spectators but I mean a bit more involved.

Guest Lowlife

Posting seperately so ideas are kept apart.

How about several mini road trips, Leave earlyish Sunday morning from Leicester Services, travel down and visit the boys in South Wales and travel back in the afternoon. (example can be anywhere)

Guest boggybogstar

Road trips gets my votes, UK or European, im happy to help organise but wouldnt be restricted to members only, so if theyres a benefit we would need to think how thats applied

Guest oddsocks

Let me first start by saying that I get everything I want from my membership but I think what Phil is doing by asking for ideas is great.

PLEASE KEEP THIS ON TOPIC. NO NEED TO CRITCISE OTHER'S IDEAS. LETS JUST THROW IT ALL IN THE MELTING POT AND SEE WHAT COMES OUT.

My thought (and I've heard others mention it) is for an annual nation RHOCAR meet. We could advertise it to the public and charge an entry on the gate. Invite traders, get some entertainment and beer tents going...and bob's your uncle.

The benifit it would bring individual memebers is the feeling of being involved in something "big"...and of course the event would hold some members advantages...i.e. free camping, entry, BBQ etc....

As some of you have probably guessed, I've got Hollowell in the back of my mind when thinking of this. That only started with a couple of steam engines in 1986 and has grown year by year.

A RHOCAR national meet can be done and all it needs is people to get off their bums and get involved!

I like this idea, but do it so includes all the activites the everyone has mention-camping weekend which includes a track day. We could also have a bbq with the hog roast if people still want that.

It does need to be expensive but if its advertised on the forum or kit car mags it could be open to all who own a kit car.

Bit like a jap fest or rally day or ford day they do at castle combe.

Guest alfaGTA

I have read all recent threads with keen interest and several things kept coming to my attention. Two extra sections i would like to see on the forum are "roads" and another for "trackdays". The roads section allows people to put their favourite route's on and non locals could plan a visit to that area and potentially tag along with other lads from the area. The trackdays section could work in a similar way but in addition there could be more discussion about track setup such as tyre choice etc etc (obviously there would be the obligatory willy waving from the faster drivers). Within both section's there would be opportunity to include video/pic's so other's can plan their trips with the all important local info. On the other hand the video/pic evidence may highlight to others that would otherwise pass through our forum/club

Guest alfaGTA

fecking phone! Meant to finish off by saying that the pic's etc may encourage those passing thru the forum to stay? Proactive advertising if you like! It may also give people a kick up the arse to attend as they will have missed out on previous meets :) Otherwise i'm pretty happy with the forum/club otherwise i'd have bought a westie and kept myself to myself ;)

A very good idea... Sew the seeds soon, start small and I`m sure it could turn into a major event in the kit world.

I went to a Bug jam once...just to see the prodigy play and ended up partying for nearly a week with those strange VW lot.

Not saying we should go down that exact route, but that must have started off small once upon a time, and it became a mecca for VW fans.

Andi

Why not tie this RHOCaR national meet in with Holowell, sharing some costs would make it cheaper for all. And it's central.

the issue I could see is how many of us Hollowell are willing to have, last year was extreme weather conditions, however space was tight due to other fields not being available

Guest red-col

Similar to what cms has said, a greater online presence. There are many ways nowdays that people communicate, not just the forum.

Facebook and twitter for important announcements about club events and where we are pitched at certain shows for example for everyone to see.

Online magazines, there is an online mountain biking magazine I like to read, and for those that prefer paper, maybe have an opt in option when joining to receive a paper version helping to reduce costs.

Not sure if there is one currently but a calendar that lists all the shows attended as a club, the monthly meetings and the ability for members to add to the calendar things like runs out etc as an easy reference point as to what is coming up. So if people say, "im going for a run this Sunday who's coming?" They can add it to the calendar for others to see at a quick glance rather than searching all the posts. If there is a calendar already I think it needs to be used more for this kind of thing.

I understand this could mean more administration of online things but I don't mind helping out if required.

Dean

Guest alfaGTA

Personally with regard to the magazine I could manage without it so perhaps for further years can we have a comment box or an option to opt out of having the magazine and perhaps the club could put any monies saved towards some new banners or repairs to existing camping kit or for more burger's to horse into my empty belly at shows?