Ideas

philshelton

Could we do away with the membership card and display the membership number in your profile in case it is needed? What is it really needed for?

Could there be an option for electronic devlivery of membership/renewal packs for people who prefer online communication. Same with the magazine.

Guest greenwood03

@ cma - i think you've nailed most of the points that i would have suggested, although i disagree slightly with teh concept of not allowing non members to view for sale adverts for a period of time, in reality that has a negative effect for the member who is trying to sell his goods. If the non member has no way of replying to a for sale advert nor of sending a PM then that potentially is more effective? ((( assuming that it is possible to get more/less immediate membership as soon as the subs are paid)).

I have to say that i've never seen the Rhocar Mag so this comment in no way is meant to be derogatroy, but in teh past i have seen the Caterham monthly mag and whilst a nice production it always seemed to me a complete waste of effort and money. I'd suggest as per CMA that there are very few folks who don't have acces/ability to use a pc and any article within a mag coudl form part of a topic area - which may be worth a read to non members: encouraging more outsiders to read/interact on a forum is a way to picking up new members.

the general ideas surrounding promoting drive outs etc is also valid, although in my experience getting folks to contribute good roads etc is very hit n miss. we have done teh same on another site in teh past and reality is that very few folks bother to make their suggestions. But a window to suggest/join in with runs is a good one.

possibly re-allocating funds otherwise used for a mag to provide proper marquee facilities at an annual event - maybe rhocar has a 'proper' marquee, all i've read about is gazebos.......but a full on marquee so that folks within reason there's no excuse not to attend due to a bit of the wet stuff as everyone can go along knowing they'll be dry and that there's a bbq on the go......

I use NAMRICK for quite a few bits....they offer a 10% discount when I can prove membership of a recognised car club...

they always ask to see the membership card.

Can we host the mag on-line? If so I for one would be prepared to opt out of the printed version.

Bob

Guest Rallyreason

How about a Traders section, where traders can advertise their latest offers,services and discounts?

A section with group buys?

These are the things i liked about MLR club when i was a member.

The yearly meet idea is also very appealing, especially if you could do something similar to Japfest at Donnington? (B&B's, guest houses rather than camping for me) for some reason my Kit only has a small boot!

Guest oddsocks

The yearly meet idea is also very appealing, especially if you could do something similar to Japfest at Donnington? (B&B's, guest houses rather than camping for me) for some reason my Kit only has a small boot!

Glad someone tool note of my suggestion!

perhaps the club could put any monies saved towards some new banners or repairs to existing camping kit or for more burger's to horse into my empty belly at shows?

Whats the fascination with the club supply food at show for free??????

I use NAMRICK for quite a few bits....they offer a 10% discount when I can prove membership of a recognised car club...

they always ask to see the membership card.

Can we host the mag on-line? If so I for one would be prepared to opt out of the printed version.

Bob

I think it already online and im sure their is a way to request a digital copy not a paper one, myself and Emma get a mag each which we dont need 2 and once my boys have paid their membership we certainly wont need 4

possibly re-allocating funds otherwise used for a mag to provide proper marquee facilities at an annual event - maybe rhocar has a 'proper' marquee, all i've read about is gazebos.......but a full on marquee so that folks within reason there's no excuse not to attend due to a bit of the wet stuff as everyone can go along knowing they'll be dry and that there's a bbq on the go......

Having a Marquee is one thing, transportation and storgage is another, GBS already help us a lot with transporting of the club BBQ etc.

I really like the idea of a national rhocar meet at holowell at a different time to the steam show, but would people really attend? I think non refundable deposits would have to be taken long in advance to secure numbers and then maybe get some sort of catering organized it would have to start small and grow

Rhocar at a track with BBQ and event shelters (not barkstone) a proper track I.e donnington or blyton. Again firm commitment would be required in advance...

Guest greenwood03
Having a Marquee is one thing, transportation and storgage is another, GBS already help us a lot with transporting of the club BBQ etc.

there's potentially a negative argument for any idea, if the idea is good enough then a work around and solution can generally be found. the club has 500+ members, however many AO's and whatever form of cooperation with the maker of the kits whos owners it represents.....so i'm sure if it was of interest a viable solution coudl be found.

Its not a negative argument, its the facts, committee members and volunteers already transport many items around the country on behalf of the club, the items the club owns are transportable.. hence we have them for that purpose. We also have to take into account that as a club RHOCaR generally fill their allocated stand space with 120 plus cars, having a marquee would allow less cars plus people have mentioned that when they approach the RHOCaR stand it can seem daunting to enter a gazebo/event shelter because of the sheer number of people cramped in there having a laugh together, hence, we are going to split the gazebos up to allow new members/prospective members a bit of space to approach a committee member to have a chin wag and get to know us. We see many clubs with marquees, bands playing inside them....... you know what..... they are empty. MK and Caterham are prime examples.

Guest greenwood03

sorry Mark ,i meant that its possible for any idea listed here to have a counter/negative argument. it may be a fact that logistics are tricky - my point as far as the 'idea' was that possibly a marquee at an event is a benefit as members know that they can visit and be dry if they choose, that there'll be space to chill of an evening etc etc....i wouldnt expect a marquee as u mention caterham to have many folks in it during the day anyway.....unless its raining. if allocated space is filled - then i'd have thought a chat wioth the organizxers woudl solve that....anyway, the point of teh thread was ideas. that was one.

sorry Mark ,i meant that its possible for any idea listed here to have a counter/negative argument. it may be a fact that logistics are tricky - my point as far as the 'idea' was that possibly a marquee at an event is a benefit as members know that they can visit and be dry if they choose, that there'll be space to chill of an evening etc etc....i wouldnt expect a marquee as u mention caterham to have many folks in it during the day anyway.....unless its raining. if allocated space is filled - then i'd have thought a chat wioth the organizxers woudl solve that....anyway, the point of teh thread was ideas. that was one.

We appreciate the ideas, besides the club stand gazebos, we also have the event tents (minus a damaged one that did an impression of a kite at Newark 2012) for the evenings entertainment/getting pi55ed moments.

The biggest problem Mark/Green7 is that we all run around in silly little cars that barely have room for driver & personal kit ( wife is labeled as personal kit) so any tents/gazebos/marquees/flags/BBQ's are a burden very few can transport ( Phil being a notable exception) so the problem would be how to move it & do the same few people want to store & deliver multiple times a year. If a member stored it but didn't want to attend next show/meet then he has to arrange collection/delivery or the kit can't be used.