Ideas

philshelton

Guest mower man

The biggest problem Mark/Green7 is that we all run around in silly little cars that barely have room for driver & personal kit ( wife is labeled as personal kit) so any tents/gazebos/marquees/flags/BBQ's are a burden very few can transport ( Phil being a notable exception) so the problem would be how to move it & do the same few people want to store & deliver multiple times a year. If a member stored it but didn't want to attend next show/meet then he has to arrange collection/delivery or the kit can't be used.

Gbs have helped in the past it would be nice if this continued mower man :clapping:

great job phill

re the forum , i feel limited access for non members is a must . , put the mag online only , save the huge printing costs .

we as members are still going to help the new builders , but i feel the new builders need to register and be seen , so

we can contact them or they can contact us so if required we can assist with the build .or just be able to sat wow . what a build.

graham

Guest mower man
:clapping: Cracking post DAD the nearest thing to common sense I ve seen any where for a l ong time, lets have this as a definite proposal I would certainly back it as a great many more would mower man :clapping: :drinks: :crazy:

Guest Getting There

Hi

The online mag idea is great, but allow people who need/want a printed copy to have one (then no one looses out on membership 'benifits'), the online viewer was good but hasn't been updated recently. Some of the other ideas seem good too but if the mag is the massive cost then only print what people need.

Also remind people of the membership every 5 click is good, this is common on alot of forums and people still have the option to continue but £15 to remove the reminders will be wortg it in many peoples eyes; I did on the Ford forum.

Just a few thoughts, thanks,

Chris

Ta

Chris

re the mag , numbers that want hard copy need to be sussed out well before print time . someone needs to spend time assessing the numbers then the postage needs to be taken into account .

also the print run if smaller i guess the per unit more expensive. i love the mag and when it arrives i cant wait to read it .

however i feel we need to save money on this sort of expense so if on line is the way forward then i am for it ..

regards graham

Firstly I would like to say thank you to the people who spend thier spare time producing the magazine & writing articles that are always a pleasure to read.

I do agree that an online version of the magazine should be made avalible and the option given to people who still want to receive the posted copy. I'd imagine this could be done on the membership forms. Also by doing this it would help the club release some fund that could be used for other things / new ideas.

I agree that a reminder on the forum every 5 clicks or so to join up is a good idea but regarding locking the forum to non members would not get my support. Why not have it so that non-members can reply to posts (unlimited) but have a limit on the number of new posts that they can start?

5 clicks then lock for me come on it is only £15. if you can afford to have a toy in the garage you can afford the membership not exactly a mortgage is it. The equivalent of two packets of fags or four pints in a pub. as my new signature states, well read below

2 tier membership could work but can see a few older members kicking up about it . Could always be put to the vote at agm. Re printing costs this would most likely increase due to short print run. If the print run was small enough it could be done on home printer duplex printed on plain paper. As at the last agm am increase in membership cost was voted out then we have to save some where so maybe the mag is the place, but I suspect that if we stick to the glossy print on a smaller run it will make little or no difference