2.0 Pinto Head.

Guest wedgy

Hi all,new member here.After taking the plunge and buying myself a robin hood in december,(no room to build one myself)and driving it up..(or trying to !!)..just ask PGMick on forum,long story..smoke..flames..breakdown truck....anyway,getting back to the subject,I have discovered that the cylinder head on my car has not only got a bit of a warp on it but has a crack as well..Happy Days..So,anyway,just putting the feelers out to see if anyone knew where I would be able to pick one up,plenty on ebay but peeps don't want to ship on there and they're all down south.Seems like bits and bobs for these engines are getting a bit scarce,might have to think about dropping my rover v8 engine in a bit sooner than planned..that is if I can find a manual box to mate it to..aw jeez..another item which seems to be about as rare as rocking horse shecht,never mind,anyway,thanks for taking the time to read this and any help would be greatly appreciated..Mark.

Hi dan,thanks for the link,I did read this post and must admit..it got me wondering.Would be a big bonus to be able to run the v8 with the type 9 box so maybe have to have a longer think about it,just want to get this (little) pinto working right for a while and thrash it to death this year.

It isn't that difficult to mate the rv8 onto the type 9. The hardest bit is finding a sd1 auto bellhouse but after 2 weeks of looking on eBay one eventually turned up.

The machined boss that I made can be bought from retro ford but it might need a bit of modifying on its length for the clutch stroke.

Also if you use a standard clutch unlike me, you won have to reface the release bearing like I did.

Richard,thanks for the reply,right..will have to organise getting through and picking that engine up,get it stripped,rebuilt and "flung"into the hood,will plan to have it in,running and on road for summer 2014 after hopefully running the pinto this year.

Rhocar pass the parcel may be able to help if you find what's required "Down South" Find the location of your needs & post "collection req." prior to bidding ---- worked for me---Birmingham to my door-step by Rhocar parcel service.

:D Thanks for the heads up,waiting for a reply from the guy,I really wish folks would put a phone number on their gumtree ad,be a lot quicker,I know someone who might possibly want the gearbox so would be a win win.