Hearing Protection

Guest Lowlife

Hearing Protection  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Might have to look at this..must admit..It does make a lot of sense,I wear ear plugs when I take the bike out and for the amount of time I've had out of the car so far..It's a bit louder than the bike,especially when the exhaust is sitting a couple of feet away from my right lug !!!...So wait a minute..exhaust noise in right lug..wife noise in left lug..O.K..you've sold me on the idea !

after using the hood for 6-7 years i got a new job at Daf trucks, at the medical they did a hearing test, and i asked how much worse was my right hear, she asked if i had trouble i said no but thought it wasnt as good, and she agreed, it was very different,

yearzs have gone by and i can hear alot better on my left than right, and i blame the hood, often used hearing protection after that, especially in right ear,

The moulded ones you got from autosport are well priced, mate at works just paid 80 in the high street for a set of custom made in hear plugs, i would be very tempted if

i still drove the hood,

Mitch

Guest ollie chapman

I use the soft, squishy 'elf n' safety ones - Draper or Screwfix do them. Makes for a better ride - and you can't hear the abuse from other road users as you whizz by... :yahoo:

I dont wear ear defenders and never have.

The 2B is quite quiet enough.

My exhaust has always been on the passenger side.. Ford I4 and Nissan CA18DET.

I use used motorcycle cans - both race and standard have been fitted.

Side screens cut out a lot of the motorway roar. the noisiest is when the roof is on --rarely!!

Graham B

A gun shot sounds like a dull tap on a window

do we need to concerned that you are firing from your car, drive by stylee. Or that people are often shooting at you! :help:

I always wear ear plugs. Use too many power tools and play Guitar to risk my hearing. When i forget to wear them on the 20mile drive to work i really notice the difference.

Guest Tim Norman

Even at motorway speeds the noise level from the V8 is not intrusive in fact I have held conversations with the passenger at normal voice levels, not raised in the slightest. The full height side screens that extend beyond and behind my head also keep the wind noise to a minimum. However when the load pedal goes down...........!

I have worn earplugs on long motorway journys in the hood, when I had a modified ZR I got some little ear defenders for my daughter when we went to cornwall as that used to be quite loud in the back. Like has been said, once its gone its gone for good.

I always keep a few of the industrial throw away ear plugs in the car. Often I only have them in my right ear, as Mitch said, noisier on the right (with pinto). Tootling around I don’t bother, long runs especially on motorway I use them under a helmet. When I last did hearing test in work, I got the standard list of questions- have you ridden a motorbike, have you gone to rock concerts, have you ever done shooting, do you go to motorsport events, have you ever played in a band- ticked every one, but luckily hearing still OK and want to keep it that way! Bri