Front Caliper Bleed Nipple

neil's

Guest kent zero

Hi mate there two different front caliper bleed nipples depending on what

sierra the calipers fitted.

I have sierra 4x4 calipers and these are the larger sized nipple finis code: 6087581

Hope this helps.

John.

The 4x4 Sierras mostly got 14" wheels so yes they will fit.

What is less standard is the actual calipers that a given 4x4 Sierra got. The 2.0's tended to get the same front calipers as the 2wd's i.e. 240mm vented discs. The V6's got 260mm vented discs (and matching calipers). The 4x4 Cosworths got the same brakes as the V6 4x4's. But.... depending on just where a car was built and when there were all sorts of combinations - I had a GT4x4 which had 240mm vented fronts and rear drums with lobro driveshafts (an almost mythical rear setup and mine was the only one I've seen in the flesh although I've seen pictures of other sets).

2wd Cosworths got bigger brakes front and rear (and 7.5" rear diff).

Beware if you are mixing and matching that there are a couple of different offsets for the 260mm fronts so not all calipers will line up with all discs on a given front hub. Some are only a few mm out so with a sliding caliper will work just fine but some are just too far out to fit.

If you really want more front braking then MkII Mondeo front calipers can be made to bolt to a Sierra front hub relatively easily and clamp onto a Focus ST170 300mm disc. You will need at least 15" wheels to clear this setup but brake fade is a thing of the past even when it's hauling up a Sierra from illegal speeds.

Nope - Mondy is 12mm IIRC but the threads are in the calipers rather than in the hub so you need to run a drill through the holes in the Sierra hub and then the calipers bolt on. Depending on the hubs (4wd/2wd) you may or may not need a spacer between the hub and caliper to get the disc central in the caliper and that might mean you need to source longer bolts than the Mondy ones but 4 12.9 bolts at your given length aren't going to cost more than a few of quid.

You'll note I said it was relatively easy - it's not quite bolt on but certainly do-able by anyone who has the skill and tools to build a Hood (or even maintain one) and it shouldn't have the car off the road for more than a few hours if you've got the bits in advance.