First Run

Guest jeffszero

Guest jeffszero

first run out today in the zero,huge grin factor going on inside the helmets ,shame it was getting dark,have to do another run at the weekend ,whoopie.A huge thank you to simon and everyone else up at GBS for their hard work ,cheers lads :yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest merc190provan

Well done, the smile will last for ages, just wait until you get the hang of it, in the meantime please be careful as it is a steep learning curve if this is your first seven, some good advice given to me at the start was to remember to blip the throttle during down gear changes at speed as the back end can lock up and swing round. I hope this nice weather holds out for you a bit longer so you can get some miles on it. :)

Marty Smith

Thankfully i don't have a lot of power and don't drive particularly fast but i did have the back end step out a little as i came up over a brow on a corner and lifted off the throttle. Back end went a little light and allowed the back to slide a bit. Thankfully my 2b seems to break away nicely. Was a bit scary at the time but I've since practiced at slow speed to put it into a bit of a slide so i can get used to the signs/feeling. It's worth doing to be as safe as you can as they are small cars.

when it snowed a few weeks ago i had my bmw out in the snow and went into a few empty carparks and turned of traction control and spent a bit of time learning how it reacted to braking and cornering in a safe environment. Think everyone should do this to be honest to understand how their cars behave in the snow. Would be a lot less accidents in this country.

congrats on the first drive by the way. Been on the road 5 years and still grin when i get out in mine :)