Front Ride Hight

Guest JammyJim

Guest JammyJim

Had Longboarder & sssline over at weekend to look over my 2b prior to applying for IVA, seems iv'e got a problem with front suspension and ride hight. As springs on supplied zeemarides are coilbound and are mounted to far inboard, have decided to purchase new set. Contacted Dave at Dampertech who says he has just what i need, so good bye another 400 notes. hope this will also give me the clearance on the plough which at moment is only 50mm.

Guest Ian & Carole

Dave is the guru and if, like me, you get it wrong 1st time talk to the guy and he will help you through it.

I bought spring at a length and lb's (13" 300lb's) as advised, found I had got it wrong by 50lb's on the springs, rang Dave and he spopped them FOC, I just paid postage.

Guest JammyJim

Hi maca it's the double wishbone as supplied by Robin hood in 2002, somebody said the front zeemarides were from the metro and adapted for the 2b.

Hi Ian, yes i spoke to Dave he asked what engine and my weight and confirmed he had what was needed to sort it out.

Guest JammyJim

Hi Steve

After looking around on here it seemes the clearance at the plough should be about 70mm, and at the bottom of the front box section 170mm.

Mine was 40 & 140 could of wound coilovers up but springs are nearly fully compressed so not heavy enough, apparently could cause handling issues, esspecially on our bad roads. Been told thet the pin on the bottom of the rears tend to snap as well.

JIM P