General Body Panels .

Guest airevalley

Guest airevalley

Hi all .

I have a fairly battered 2b which i'm slowly trying to make into a car , anyway , I would like to replace the side panels , poss the rear panel , not to fussed about stainless as i can get them painted but anyone got owt on offer or where do i get them new ?

thanks john

To be honest if i was replacing my panels i would look at making them myself. Especially if it has front wishones (which mine does). the reason i say this is that the panels for the 2b were orginally designed to fit the 2b with sliding pillar which means they are a bit short on the wishbone version and have an infill panel at the front. If i do it again i'd buy a sheet of 8x4 steel and make my own which should be long enough to not have to have the infill.

If its sliding pillar then you would need an infill panel as it needs to fit around the fixed suspension arms. But i'd still prob make my own.

They are all flat panels anyway so you should be able to take measurements from the ones you have. Bending the return lip on the side panels would be a case of clamping and carefully tapping the edge over. The rear panel needs the curves put in them by the builder anyway which is surprisingly easy, if you didn't do this before.

hth

this is a wanted topic so it is in the wrong place you need to be a member to place in the wanted section. so advice is become a member then repost in the wanted section

Whiz

i think you're being a little overzealous whiz. The liklihood of anyone having any spare panels is minimal. The parts are available from GBS, and it would be mutually benificial for them to get the business. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Lets not scare them all off in their first few posts!

depends if we want any more new members? if my first experience of a club is the ban-hammer, i'd bugger off. Softly softly works better than aggression. See wallerz and gray's recent posts, and subsequent sign ups.

• Like 1

With Andy(Grim) on this point,we need a system where-by the new guys/gals are welcomed; my idea is for free full membership for first 3 months ( or other term decided by comm)then they join or go on a restricted access. You would probably buy the new guy in the pub a drink or two,only when he never returns the compliment do you "go to the loo" when-ever his glass is empty.

Can we keep this on original topic if moderators wish talk further re what we let go please use mods section not main forum as things can reflect bad on the club. May I also say hello and welcome to the original poster

Guest airevalley

wow , thanks for the replys , didn't expect a *bleep*ing for ticking the wrong box !!

But thanks for the ' friendly' advice , lol , I will take a look at gbs and into making my own as i do have decent templates .

A special thanks to " whiz " , if i dare to post again I will do my best to put it in the correct section.

Regards john

I'm presuming your forum name may give a clue to your whereabouts, could be wrong..... Pop your location in your profile, there maybe someone local to you that could possibly help you. Welcome to the club.

Guest airevalley

Mark . Thanks thats cheap as chips so will defo have it , thanks . just goto arrange to collect , ( do you have owt else I may need ) , looking for some seats and poss wheels ( there is some on ebay that look ok that I may try to get ) , clocks / dash needed as well etc .

ta john