Almost Finished Rh2B Plus (With Trailer)

Guest Newtothegame

Guest Newtothegame

New to this site and not a 2B expert in any sense of the word but have paid the £15 membership to correctly post.

Lack of time and space have forced me to sell my Robin Hood 2B plus, I know very little about it as I bought it in the state it's in.

Previous owner have got it 75% finished, I'm told its got updated suspension and I'm told that the stainless steel frame and paneling are optional extras.

It's got a 2.1l pinto engine set up on bike carbs.

Looking at it I would say everything needed to finish is included, there's 5 brand new boxed alloys, race seats, race harnesses and.boxes full of bits that just need bolting on.

I'm happy to answer any questions as best I can. Car is located in Wellington Somerset and delivery can be arranged.

When I bought the car, I bought a car transporter trailer seperatley (shown in pics) so am happy to sell this by seperate negotiation. Looking for £3750 including trailer or offers for just car and parts.

post-12529-0-02475000-1360432762_thumb.jpg

post-12529-0-33686800-1360432782_thumb.jpg

Guest Alan_builder

Hi New to the game,

This is difficult, but , the car is not 75% finished, unless you think 300% is the finishing mark!

The exhaust needs to be taken off to fit the side panel.

The steering column top mount will fail IVA and need removing, redesigning and then replacing.

The mounting for the brake servo will fail IVA, needs additions structural work.

There seems to be no wiring so one tunnel side needs removing!

Are the brake pipes in?

And that is a quick look at one foto.

The other foto indicates to me the handbrake won't work there; either you won't be able to reach it or the seat will cover it or you cant fit the passegder seat.

I bet the car is only 10% complete

How is the petrol tank fitted? To IVA standard, I bet not.

My advice would be to sell the car and trailer separately, The trailer should make £1200 on fleabay.

The car, well a finished 2B sold for £3400 after a long time it was a good car 2L EFi,

The IVA charge is almost £500 if you get a first time pass.

When new the kit was about £2700. The next problem is with the IVA, you will need full receipts and statements from all previous owners which declare they are Amateur builders and an agreed statement of completion by all parties backed up with photographs. One could take it all apart and start again with a picture of the car as a stripped chassis.

So again you could go to fleabay but watch your rating as you could get bad feedback when / if the new owner comes on here.

I think it best to be honest with you so you get a sale and not hang around waiting for the sale that never comes.

Guest chris brown

As Alan says it looks like there has been a couple of weekends work done most of which will have to be removed including the engine so the exhaust can be fitted after the side panel is fitted and I suspect cutting down the sump. The handbrake can be in the position it is at the moment but not at that angle. Are fuel land brake lines in and correctly clipped in.

I would put this on EBay as a rolling chassis with all parts to finish as far as you know

It would help if you have the donor V5 and hold it on SORN

As for value "sorry" but don’t expect to get rich from the proceeds.

I have to agree with Alan & Chris that this is not in any form any more than 10% complete and would not fetch your asking price, as it stands I feel that the trailer is worth more than the 2B sitting on top of it, sorry if that sounds harsh but that is the true fact.

You may make more money be selling it as parts than as it stands.

Regards

Martin

Guest Newtothegame

Hi all thanks for your feedback, my price was based on the fact that the kit new was £2700, plus £1000 trailer, the engine, updated suspension and other bits then are essentially free? I don't see how that's an unfair price? How can someone out all that money and labour in and then see for £3400 - what's the point?

Guest Newtothegame

I didn't think the point of building a kit car was to make a profit!!!!

I get that! But surely it's not to make a loss either, I get that the labour element is 'a labour of love' a hobbie or whatever, but some of the comments above are suggesting that the car I have is worth around half of the price of a kit, despite 'some' work been done and a number of extra parts being included.

Guest mower man

Just my 2p's worth sorry but must agree with most of the points posted ,it's rolling but there is alot of work to be done , one quote is a little off track i.e. the hand brake situation ,mine is in a sim pos and is no prob [ it's pos a little higher but thats it [sorry Alan]. Being harsh but but no mre than £ 1850 plus a good 1000 £ for the trailer would be my look mower man :sorry:

Guest Newtothegame

if you do decide to split and sell for parts, I will be interested in the exhaust and bike carbs/manifold for the right price. PM me if you prefer.

Regards,

Jamie P.

I'd prefer to sell complete - to be honest I don't know enough about it all to know what individual parts would be worth

Guest Kennedy48

I purchased my kit for £2600 and that was 99% complete. Just had to add trim and put through IVA. Took the previous owner 5 years to build and lost alot of money selling it. I stripped it down to a degree before iva just for my satisfaction

Guest Alan_builder

Just my 2p's worth sorry but must agree with most of the points posted ,it's rolling but there is alot of work to be done , one quote is a little off track i.e. the hand brake situation ,mine is in a sim pos and is no prob [ it's pos a little higher but thats it [sorry Alan]. Being harsh but but no more than £ 1850 plus a good 1000 £ for the trailer would be my look mower man :sorry:

I thought the hand brake was too far back and too low. The IVA tester will make you operate the handbrake when the harness is tight. If you are a gorilla (not personal Mick) one may be able to reach it. Also the testers have hardened up on this . Mine is to close the tunnel and hits the seat cushion, this would not now pass. Yes we have all lifted the handbrake and angled them so we can reach.

I think your valuation is pretty good.

New to the game.

Chris who's car I spoke of above took over a year to sell. You want a quick sale so adjust the price.

The 2B is at least 8 years old, well best guess, unlike the successor it is not a Mechano set, there are some / many faults with the constructional videos. If you haven't built one then building from scratch will not result in an IVA pass, some job knowledge required. The car will pass IVA without a lot of work while the foundations of the car are sound the first fix is not and that is a problem with all 2B kits.

The history and documentation on your car is also unknown in the valuation.

Many of us are dumping the pinto and changing to Zetec engines, better power.

The 2B is a desirable car, it has a bigger boot than the Zero which at a basic price of £3345 should explain further some cost problems. A part built kit has the lowest market value for the bits included. Someone who has crashed their 2B might take the chassis, but when will that buyer be around?

Try asking for the individual prices or look up sold items on ebay.

I am sure the other on her will also help you where we can.