2B Sliding Suspenion Steering Dampers Rubbing Against Tyres

Guest hanksy

Battery's gone flat in camera I don't think the wheels are offset there just aftermarket set ill try 10mm if not ill join the to and use 15mm does your damper rub on the brackets for cycle wings apart from that it handles good and I'm happy to keep them as don't know how to change to wish bones

if you use simply normal washers to get to the correct thickness then youll know what to order. I think for ford 15mm is the minimum for hubcentric.My original wheels did touch occasionally when suspension topped out. as the shocks are set an an angle. A 3mm one was find for me and its original wheels. But when I changed to the compomotive ones the offset was different so had to use bigger spacers and new studs, then had to move the arch on the bracket.

Ok thanks ill try the 10mm at the moment I'm using 5mm I did notice it was a little loose on bottom of damper where it goes in hub so Iv tighten that up and I will put the 10mm spacers on when then come is it ment to move at to i can turn the top of suspenion not much but a little i take it thats ok where can I buy new dampers from are they from a mini and I take it you have had no problem with the sliding suspension also where can I get side screens from and thanks for all your help

7fromthefront_zps828cce60.jpg Heres a pic of mine from the front if it helps. Dampers are mini ones yes. available anywhere cheap as chips.the top mount should rotate easily they should be bearings at the top a larger spacer will help spread the weight.

Ok thanks is the springs are from the kit or did you change them the distance looks the same as mine and your dampers don't rub so really all I can do is tighten the bottom damper and ill try 10mm spacer but thanks for your help ill get you a cup of tea at the show I your going thanks

if you jack the car up, then give the top shock mount a heavy tap with a hammer, you can make it slip on the spring

should give you more clearance

also you may need a spacer at the bottom mount

it will be close but they normally just about miss