Mirror Mirror On The Wall...

sj-bradley

While it's been cold outside I have been making up these mirrors.

So far I've managed to sell 3 of these and have another 2 to do. Another blue one and one in Pink.

(Yes, I didn't know you could get pink LEDs, but hey, they do them now :)

I am trying to design an animated one - when I get chance to that is :)

If anyone would like one, please let me know. I'm selling these for £20 each for an introductory period.

Simon.

post-4714-0-57095000-1361910864_thumb.jpgpost-4714-0-67971700-1361910870_thumb.jpgpost-4714-0-37569900-1361910877_thumb.jpgpost-4714-0-96345700-1361910883_thumb.jpg

Hi,

So far these are powered by a small 12 volt battery. I will be making one with plexiglass (perspex) in pink suitable for a young child. The mirror behind though will still be a glass one unless I can find a suitable plexiglass one.

The safety glass costs over 2x as much as ordinary glass so I may have to price these at £30 to cover the cost.

So far I have only designed the wooden frame as simple as possible not to detract from the effect.

I suppose the frame could be anything you like, costs permitting of course.

I am thinking of animating the LEDs to produce hypnotic effects. (As if the mirror isn't already !)

I have two others I must do before Easter, a blue and a pink (safety) one. I hope that the plastic one turns out as well as I hope. The issue is that plastic scratches easily and I hope that the tint will stick to it as well as glass.

As these are custom made, whatever you wish really.

Simon.

Oh, and so far the only size mirror I can do is 30cm by 30cm. A power supply could be designed to plug in but I would have to source a already built power supply for obvious electrical safety issues which would add to the cost.

I can add in a socket so that this could be supplied by yourself. I would have to work through the calculations to determine what PSU would be suitable. The sort that charge mobile phones would probably be what I have in mind.

At the moment, I just use a small battery for the job.

Simon.

(Liked that :) )

I hope to design a smaller message board type which will mean cutting down a mirror to suit. It would be an interesting exercise ... :)

I have ideas about message boards, including clock with time date year functions. (Even possibly reminders etc) These at the moment only exist in theory and I have yet to design them.

Simon.

Have you seen the "clock watchers clock" that Jaycar do? Some tweaking of the display to maybe have the time in the frame with the seconds LED's chasing around the perimeter where your current LEDs are. It would result in a seriously distracting mirror. I would have thought that the clock could be made to light permanently whilst the seconds LED's only light when a switch is thrown so that it can be a sensible item for most of the time.

Iain

$130 !! (And you build it yourself !)

And I was planning on something similar which would be a lot cheaper than that !

Interesting clock though. I am planning on a possible message board clock incorporated into my mirrors.

Development in progress. I will put up pictures when I get some done.

Simon.